Do I Need To Water?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Beaver420, Feb 12, 2010.

1. I planted 5 germinated bag seeds (all had pretty long tap roots on them) about 2 and a half days ago. I put water in the cups before I planted them, but most of the cups are not damp any more. I run 3 cfls 24/0 right now. I had baggies covering the cups to keep the moisture in but there is no more moisture collecting in the bags. None of them have sprouted yet.

[​IMG]

2. how deep down did you plant your seeds? stick your finger an inch in the soil and see if its still moist. if not i would probally mist the soil untill its damp. im not a soil grower but it seems that if you poured water on them it could possibly push the seed further under ground which wouldnt be good. gl

3. each one is about an inch down and about 3 of them are not damp that far down

4. as far as i know i believe an inch is a bit far. i think its supposed to be about 1/4 in down but you should be fine. if they arent damp id say it would be ok to lightly water just dont drench them because you could possibly push the seed further under. gl

5. thx, I just followed the germination 420 guide and it said an inch so hopefully it will be fine

6. np man you should be good i wouldnt worry about it.
    peace

7. If your soil has dried out then they are already dead, period. Seedlings cannot dry out. Your soil mix looks a bit drab....what do you got in there? A good way to keep seedlings and pre sprouts healthy is to use a sprayer. Like dsq said, if you try and water a non sprouted plant the seed will be violently moved around and it will mess it all up. Spraying the cups throughly will allow moisture to reach your plants in a gentle way. An inch is fine btw, but the medium cannot be allowed to dry out at all in this stage.

8. I have MG in there right now

9. Miracle Grow is not the best soil to use for MJ plants. Too hot. That stuff will burn up your plants. You should get some FF Light Warrior for seeds and seedlings. Transplant to FF Ocean Forest. Can't go wrong.

Peace. Please.

10. Mexican is right ditch the MJ if you can, though some people do still manage get by with MG organic. i use ff0f from seedling till flower np.

11. soil looks a little woody

12. Yea these first seeds are just test seeds. The soil was just some I had laying around.

13. The 3 on the right might still have a chance. Moisten them all and recover them loosely. Uncover them twice a day for a few minutes. Keep the soil moist. Wouldn't give up just yet.

What they are saying about Miracle Grow rings of truth. It's a big gamble. I've actually seen more success from rockwool cubes and distilled water than I have with MG for getting the seedlings going.

Good luck.

14. yea I still have hope for a couple of them but I am spraying them to keep them moist every 6 hours now

15. I can dig that.I use whats laying around was just throwin it out there cause woody soil is hard to balance the wet/dry ive found and can throw you off when starting seeds.how deep where they?you said you germed them first?i would poke around and see what you see good luck and keep us posted!:smoking:

16. they were all about an inch, the 3 that look the dampest all have the tap root pointed down, i tried to look for one today but didnt want to displace to much soil

17. An inch is pretty deep. I would dig them(with finger obv) up and replant in cup(no major thing just dig around carefully with your finger) a little closer.check out the tap root make sure there are no black tips and go from there.they might burn all their energy trying to make the inch or maybe they will just take a little longer. keep us posted:smoking:

18. I wouldnt trip with the bags how close are the cfls?i would keep them close for warmth. ive found seedlings love cfls so once they pop youre good

19. one just sprouted about 25 minutes ago :):):):):hello:

20. VERY nice!:smoking: