Do I need to vent a 250w HPS?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by plsfoldthx, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Hi there, I'm looking to buy a 250w HPS system, but my grow tent is small (2' x 2' x 5') so I don't know how I'll add all that ducting in there. A cool tube 6 is 19" long and if I add a 6" to 4" duct converter and ducting to the sides, there's no way it'll fit in the tent.

So do I really need to vent it? Can I just have a clip-on fan blowing on the bulb? I mean my temperatures are already 80F under my 3x42w CFLs

Thanks

2. You might not have to use a cooltube but your going to need ventilation for the room itself if you don't already.

3. either or 60 or 120 cfm rated fan... 120 if you use a carbon filter

use a computer fan... and use a cool tube... even if your grow is cold...

4. Man I got a 6 inch cooltube and I just use a 6 inch piece of ductwork slipped over the end and taped up. You don't need an adapter, and you can probably just squeeze it in there. Think about it, less duct = better airflow, so you may actually end up w/ a really tight efficient system if you can work it out right, but no matter what you do you're gonna have to cool that tent somehow.

5. Def take his advice. Mine was the minimum. Overkill means it will be quieter

6. You can take the reflector out of the cooltube and hang it vertical if you want. 360 degree unreflected light blasting a bush on each side scrogged against the walls in a big "V".

Think aaaabbbbooooouuuuuttttt itttt.......