Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I need to throw this away?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Twosit4me, Apr 29, 2018.

1. I was infusing some coconut oil and didn't realize I needed to freeze it. I left it on the counter for almost 2 days and it appears to have grown mold. Is it salvagable?

2. Nah not unless you like mold

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

3. Unless you had water in it, you shouldn't have mold already. What's the temperature where it's sitting? Coconut oil will start to solidify at room temperature but it doesn't happen all at once and can look like white mold spreading in it. Heat it above 76°F and see if it clears up. Then put it in the freezer. :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Better yet post a pic. I can probably tell ya if it's mould or not.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

• Like Like x 1
  5. It is reheating...trying to delay what may be the inevetible. :(

6. #6 PsychedelicSam, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    Coconut oil and cannabis have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. I've left mine out for months in my cabinet. The only time you should get mold or rancidity in this short period of time is if you used water in the processing. You'll know right away if it's just the solidifying oil with just a little heat. :mellow:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Be guided by what PSam says
    He is the Sites Guru when it come to Cannabis tinctures and oils for meds

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Be guided by what PSam says
    He is the Sites Guru when it come to Cannabis tinctures and oils for meds

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1