Do I need to remove this new born plant’s cap out?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kitty_, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Hi, I’m quite newbie about growing cannabis plant and here I got another problem of my new born plant, the cap is stucked at one of its leaf ( as shown in the picture) and I don’t know that in this case I need to remove the cap out from the leaf or it will fall by itself.

Please advice and thank you for any kind of help.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Is that a clear plastic cup? Next time use one that doesn’t allow light to intrude.

When you get the hang out it you can spray the shells with a little water and then pull them right off, but that takes a little practice...

3. Makes NO matter; trying to remove it is risky.

4. Some people leave them alone - I prefer to remove them. Mist with water to soften the membrane and gently remove with a toothpick.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thank you very much for all advice from you guys.

I think I’ll leave it for a week to see that it’ll fall by itself or not and this is my first time growing, so I still have no idea how to remove it, let’s hope that it’ll gone by the time the plant is more grower.

6. May I ask you why the light shouldn’t intrude to the soil? I’m quite newbie grower and I’ll keep it in mind for my next plant. (Clear plastic cup is quite easy to find in Bangkok, so another solution might be a paper cup)

7. Sure, you don’t want light on your roots. Try a sharpee or maybe tape...

8. Update my plant from all your advice.

As you guys see from picture, the seed shell still stucked on cotyledon and the first 2 leaves didn’t expand themself but they look straight up.

[​IMG]

I’m not sure that this is a normal condition for new born plant or not, please advice what should I do next.

Thank you very much for your help.

9. It will fall off as the plant grows. Nothing to worry about here.

10. I had this happen, used a plastic dome I got from cherry tomatoes from store.

I misted the plant and the dome to maximize humidity. Then I spit a little saliva on top.

Came back 20 minutes later and removed it with a tweezer. The plant recovered

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. You’re on your way !