Do I need to make changes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by limpy L, Oct 3, 2012.

1. I germinated my seeds.. Roots sprouted and I planted them in fox farm 2 days ago. Have not broke soil yet. My issues are as followed.

Grow room stays between 65-70 degrees
    Grow room stays between 60-70% humidity
    My plants plants tips are 7-8 inches below my 1 t5 2' light

I have been having run 18-6 for a week now to test the tent averages

Do I need to get a heating pad to get it to 80-90
    Should I get a humidifier
    Do I need to get my plant tips higher..

2. the temperature is great and the humidity is fine, too. I think for veg it could be higher, but anything above 50% should be ok.

Id put those plants on some books or something like that if lowering the lights is difficult, 2-3 inches from the top should be better to prevent stretching and heat shouldnt be a problem with flourescents at that distance. I dont know shit about t5's, but I think you might need some more light.
    other than that it seems like u got ur shit together, good luck to you! :D

3. #3 Mizzike420, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    yeah bro t5 probably won't cut it. stretch sauce all day with those. get some CFLS or HID. everything else is legit

^looked up t5s and I was thinking of a different light. mah bad yo

4. #4 BeZtoken, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
    T5's are awesome, 7-8 inches away should be fine. Of course the closer the better but if there to close the top leaves can turn up and burn if they touch the light.

You'll want that humidity as low as possible for flower, 50% or lower will help prevent mold and mildew.

Is the room ventilated? You can turn off the exhaust fan, that should raise the heat. I just did the same.

Good luck, BeZ...V

5. This is my veg room.. I have one vent no intake no exhaust just a 6" fan running to Circulate the air..

Should I run an intake?? Or close the vent? Close vent halfway?? Or leave it open.. It is in a basement secret jardin 4x4x3

6. how deep down did you plant them? thats most likely your problem....if you planted them deeper than a half inch its going to take a few days

7. #7 limpy L, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    I went down about a half if finger nail.. I have been watering from the bottom (local grow shop said to) does that matter much??

For watering I weigh the pots and add about 80 grams of water and re water when the weight is back to normal.. Since it is not leafing yet read to keep soil moist until leafs come up and than water once soil drys up About an inch beneath the surface