Do i need to lose weight? pic.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by cdmreese420, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hi, im a girl 22 years old and 5'6" im not too sure how much i weigh. However ive been trying to lose some weight, ive lost quite a bit so far but the problem is ive always have been thick and have wide hips and thick legs. Is this a bad thing or should i try harder to slim down more?
    [​IMG]

2. Honestly how do you feel about it, do YOU think you need to lose weight? You're going to hear every opinion in the world...people saying lose some, stay your weight, etc. You said you're going to the gym so I say good job on going, continue until you feel comfortable with your self. Now me personally see really nothing with your weight, you're very pretty. But it's not about me or anyone, its about how you feel. good luck

3. You're pretty thick. Not fat, and not obese, but highly thick.

If you want some REAL motivation and can handle it, then yes, you're fat. I got my ass to the gym after 3 years of being called a skinny fucktard. I've gained 20 pounds so far and the gym is my escape from the bullshit of the real world. Go to the gym for a month, and you'll be hooked. I promise.

All it takes is to see a couple pounds of weight loss and you'll wanna see more and more. Don't just talk about going to the gym, do it. You'll love every second of it and feel 10x better about yourself than you do now. I know I do.

Edit - Didn't see that you had said you were already working out. Keep it up. Your biggest enemy will be losing motivation, and wanting to eat things you shouldn't. Doooon't ever lose motivation.

Keep us posted on progress, and post progress pics. Good luck.

4. This is what i looked like a year ago. I was 185 pounds.
    [​IMG]

5. It's up to you, really, but I bet you'd feel a lot better (physically), and self esteem wise if you did.

Ive lost over 30 lbs and have a pretty nice physique. If you have diet/exercise questions pm me and Ill help you out.

6. I'm not trying to be mean, but I used to be about your size and hated myself for it.

I've been losing weight and gaining self esteem.

But it's not like you're in dire need of dropping pounds.

7. you looked better a year ago....where did your eyebrows go?

8. I like them thick

Black_guy.jpg

9. You don't have to. There are plenty of men who like a woman your size. I think if you keep doing what you're doing and stay active you'll lose more weight anyways. But do whatever makes you happy and feel good about yourself. I've got thick hips and thighs too :p I've lost A LOT of weight but I still haven't hit my goal so I'm not gonna quit.

10. I honestly think you are beautiful.

Seriously.

If my opinion matters.

11. Slim down some more. Your hips and legs are too chubby.

Don't take this as an offense, just giving my opinion.

12. it's all on you. if you want to loose weight, do it. if not, don't do it.

but if you want my opinion... a purely sexually-based, shallow opinion... you don't need to loose any weight. i don't really find skinny girls attractive at all. i like 'em right about your size, i'd say. there are many other guys like me. i wouldn't say guys like me make up the majority--not at all--but we are out there. point being: don't change yourself for anyone but yourself. there will always be people out there who like you for who you are, so only change yourself if it's what YOU want to do.

13. Their there, its cause my camera phone sucks, especially with the lighting in the bedroom.

14. #14 As Above So Below, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2012
    You look... Normal. Take that for what it's worth. Not hot not ugly, not thick or thin, just normal. I'm not trying to be mean! IMO, I think your legs could be a little thinner. Other than that you look pretty. I would start doing some squats along with HIIT. Squats will tone your core and burn that fat from your legs and HIIT is better than just jogging. Do them both on the same day for a real burn. Also don't cut fat out of your diet. Just make sure you are getting a good source of healthy fat. Not all fat is bad so remember that!

If you cut out ALL fat from your diet your body responds in the opposite way... It stores that fat because it thinks there's no more fat available.

EDIT: Here's an article on HIIT. You don't have to spend HOURS jogging, you just HAVE to bring the intensity, it does take dedication/motivation!

http://www.coachcalorie.com/hiit-training/

15. You don't need to but it's not difficult (especially with smart phone's having free calorie counting apps) and makes everyone look better. Cardio isn't as useful as you may think for reducing body fat %age, strength training is though. I'll explain.

If you're getting less calories than your bmr (easy to work out online) then you won't gain muscle mass (unless you're seriously obese), you'll always lose some. However let's say person A goes running and cycling every day and loses 20 pounds and person B has a 1500 calorie diet and does strength training with weights as opposed to cardio. Now if they both have an equivalent of around 1500 calories (a reasonable amount for safe weight loss) and lose 20 pounds person A will have lost (for example) 12 pounds of fat and 8 pounds of lean muscle, person B on the other hand will have lost around 19.5 pounds of fat and 0.5 pounds of muscle. The figures are rough but serve my point, for fat loss strength training and diet is far better than cardio and diet. Not to mention that strength training increases your metabolic rate helping you burn more calories.

16. #16 As Above So Below, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2012
    ^Yeah that kind of goes into what I was saying but I left out the diet part. Never drop more than 500 cals a day. 500 cals/day is around a pound a week. A pound is 3500 calories. Diet plays a HUGE role in fat loss and gaining muscle. And don't worry about getting "bulky" from strength training/lifting weights. You will get slimmer before you get "bulkier".

17. Great advice here.
    Look up how many calories your body needs and get below that, you can cut your calories from your diet and/or exercise to burn calories to get below that number . As blunt man said, don't go more than 500 calories below daily, any more could be unhealthy.

Peace and good luck.

18. ^Crap sorry, meant to say 500 calories a DAY, not 500 calories a week lol.

19. If you're trying to lose weight, how come you don't know what you do weigh? Wouldn't it make sense to track your progress from the beginning?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

20. [quote name='"CanadianLady420"']If you're trying to lose weight, how come you don't know what you do weigh? Wouldn't it make sense to track your progress from the beginning?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.[/quote]

Perhaps she's more concentrated on slimming down than numbers. Looking at the scale everyday(a bad habit of mine) won't make her lose more weight. She's come this far without tracking it.