do i need nutes?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by alexgreen1983, Jun 30, 2011.

1. #1 alexgreen1983, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
    my plant is hella small and it was in mg organic i transplanted into happy frog with perlite about 2 days ago my plants including this one are all growing slow as hell and this one has this symptom it is 1 month from seed already and it is starting to yellow in between veins on lower leaves. i was gonna give it nutes cuz thats a n deficiency trait i've been reading. i haven't given it any nutes yet

2. here is the plant

Attached Files:

3. That plant is a month old?

4. yes it's ridiculous

5. What kind of lights are you using?

6. i have 3 5000k 24w bulbs above it right now

7. How far above it? Needs to be like an inch or two

8. they were about an inch or two and then they started with these problems so now its 4 inches

9. Might just have some bad seed. Happened last two times for me. Happens

10. Yeah man toss that shit and replant... at one month its ridicolus small

11. Yeah it should be much larger for being a month old.

12. it's was a slow grower in the beginning but i had it and another seed in the same cup.
    when i transplanted they were tangled together and it was kind of rough getting them apart i know that can stress. i transplanted into mg and it was getting nute burn i think from the edges of leaves. i was tired of slow growth still so i put them a few days ago in happy frog with perlite and it looks like its getting better but the lower leaves are still yellowing off and dying.

Attached Files:

13. Maybe just keep trying. Start a couple new seeds and see if it comes out better

14. should i consider it like a 1 week old and not give it nutes yet is what i'm having trouble figuring out

15. u nor the plant needs nutes MJ plants are very independent plants

this it my plant 100 percent water and regular top soil no nutes what so ever

[​IMG]

16. That's a nice looking plant. Even more impressive that you didn't use nutes

17. so i could just water and should be fine until later then huh. nice plant the sun is a great light though compared to my cfl i was gonna get a hps for flower but i don't even know if i'll make it that far.. lol

18. should i still be worried about cal mag sulfer deficiencies since i'm using distilled water?

19. Just keep an eye out for signs of the deficiencies and treat as needed. You can supplement with those so you don't get deficiencies but that's up to you.

20. #20 alexgreen1983, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    well isn't yellowing of older leaves sign of n deficiency? my leaves look puffy yellow and only in between veins untill it dies. the mg organic soil it was in was really bad a drainage and i would water after 2 inch on top was dry but the roots went down like 4 or 5 inches and so they were probably drenched the whole time