Do I need more lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bamagrower15, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Have 5 plants under one 1000watt LED. Is this enough or do I need to add a second one? Tent size is 60"x60"x80"
    1511300930491.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. Yes. Which 1000w led light is that? Do you know what the draw at the wall is for the light? The advertised coverage are? 5 plants under 1 light is going to be tough unless you only veg for a short time. Even then, it may still be too small for that many .

4. #4 bamagrower15, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Specifications:
    - Replaces a 1000 watt HPS/MH
    - Dimensions: 15.8x15.8x2.75 inches
    - Item: 13.4 lbs
    - Use for all stages of plant growth
    - Max Coverage at 24" Height 4.5x4.5ft
    - Core Coverage at 24" Height 3.5x3.5ft
    - Avg. Power Draw: 418watt
    - (180pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
    - LEDs Angle: 90°
    - Input Voltage: AC100-240V
    - Frequency: 50-60Hz
    - Lifespan: 100,000 hours

5. #5 Shitizen, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Nice light :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. So you have a 418w LED, not a 1000w LED, and you're wondering if it will be sufficient for 5 plants in a 5x5 tent.

I started with a 740w LED (Mars II 1600) and I grow SCROG style with 4 plants in a 5x5 tent. It wasn't enough to properly serve that whole space. I would say it does a good job with about 4x4. So, seeing how yours is almost half the wattage of mine, my answer to you would be yes...you will need more light to grow big buds on that many plants if you want to let them use the space you have to work with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The advertisement even tells you the "core coverage", which means effective coverage, is 3.5x3.5.

8. If you wanted to kick some ass, I'd send that back and buy four V600s and arrange them evenly in your tent.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HPS is HID. No, that'd be fine but use MH in veg and HPS in flower.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sure. You'll have to make sure you can manage the temps though. Do some reading before you buy shit. Here's a good place to start....

www.growweedeasy.com

11. Yeah, temps will be pretty high. You'll need a 6 or 8 inch fan to vent that area. You'll need a carbon filter too, unless yer cool with the area smelling like a grow op.

12. I think it would work, I'm growing in a building with no central heat or air. Having to run a heater now to keep temps up. If it doesn't work out could always return it and do the 4 v600's

13. I have a 8inch fan already setup to vent the area. I havent had to turn it on yet, temps and smell have been under control without it so far.

14. 418 watts won’t do it. I have 6 fixtures for 4 plants in a 5x5 and am buying 2 more. If I were you, I’d get multiple smaller LED’s and spread them around the tent evenly. You get a much higher watt per dollar value doing this and will also get a better light coverage with more fixtures.

15. Cannabis needs at least 300 actual watts per plant. That's the easiest rule of thumb to go by.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk