Do I need more light?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Vanquish6, Dec 6, 2011.

1. #1 Vanquish6, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2011
    I bought two 100w cfls from Home depot thinking that they were 100-Watts, it turnes out they are 23-Watts 100w equivilant. I seriously thought this would be enough paired with the other two I already had at home these were like 7 dollars almost for a 1 pack; so I thought this was enough. Currently I have two of those on it plus a 23w. So 3 lights total on 1 plant and I'm reflecting light pretty good with good air circulation aswell.

How many more lights do you think I need to get and where can I get high wattage ones?

2. Lotsa lites depends on how many plants and how much yield you want.

High wattage is on the net.:smoke:

3. A good rule of thumb is to use NO LESS than 2,000 Lumens per plant. So, it would be a good idea to spend about $120 bucks and get a T-5 fixture.

4. Okay, well how many more of the lights that I already have would it take to be at 2,000 lumens??

5. Not 2000 Lumens per plant but 2000 lumens per sq. ft
    And thats the bare minimum..

6. So more than 2000 lumens for 1 plant?

How many lumens would you say I have on it right now? and all of the light is being reflected back to the plant. sorry but I dont know how many as I am still learning.

7. You talked about bulbs you already had but don't describe them...

8. If you want to grow worthwhile marijuana do yourself a favor and go buy an HPS and/or Metal Halide luminaire and ballast, 400 watts minimum. Nuff said...

9. Agreed, nuff said is right :smoke:

10. Rule of thumb is 100 watts for 1 plant and 50 watts for each additional plant. This is actual watts and not the equivalent....More is even better...Cfl's need to be closer to the plant. For veg use 6400K and flowering use 2700K.
    Reflective surface will also help.