Do I need inline fans

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SmokeRitual, Sep 5, 2018.

1. I just got a small 32"x32"63" tent with a 600w led. My question is do I need inline fans or would a regular ocsilating fan with the vents opened get enough airflow

2. Yep. Gotta have an in-line exhaust fan. Temps will climb and get too hot without one. A 32” x 32” tent isn’t small — I have one. I’d recommend going with a 6” 440 cfm fan. That’s what I use.

What kind of LED light do you have?

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

3. no way an oscillating fan would keep the plants cool enough

4. An oscillating fan will not exchange the air inside the tent. If you plan on keeping the tent completely open all the time it would work, but if you want to keep it zipped up, an oscillating fan won’t get it done.

Even if you’re not worried about heat, it’s still important to replace all the air inside the tent. Without exhausting the air and replacing it with new air, several things you don’t want to happen can happen, such as the inability to control high levels of humidity, leading to root problems, white powdery mildew, and mold. Also, pests such as fungus gnats and mites love stagnant air.

Check out this little article on air circulation and ventilation. It’s a quick read:

Air Circulation & Exhaust Tutorial | Grow Weed Easy

5. I got a 600w led from Amazon by a company called Morsen

6. Well, either use an in-line exhaust fan or don’t, but you’re asking for problems if you don’t. If it was okay not to use one, you’d find growers on this and other forums who grow successfully without them...but there aren’t any.

7. Okay I understand the air circulation a lot better now thanks for the link. Now my next question is will I need only one inline fan for exhaust. Or should I get 2 inline fans for intake and exhaust.

8. No I'm definitely going to get one. Any suggestions on some affordable ones. I saw some on Amazon for about $30 and some for about $100

9. If you get the right in-line exhaust fan for your space, you won’t need a booster fan for the intake. The exhaust fan creates passive intakes from the intake holes in the bottom of your tent when it is closed.

I would, however, recommend getting a couple of curtain rods to prevent too much of the tent collapsing and squishing your plants when they get larger.

[​IMG]

10. These are the ones I own. They are quiet and work great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. I going to order the 4in carbon filter kit. How do you use the curtain rods

12. The passive negative pressure that the fans create in the tent when it is closed causes the tent to collapse on itself a little bit. Curtain rods prevent the tent from collapsing so much that it squishes your plants.

I use zip ties to secure the curtain rods to the poles of the tent.