do i need fans for a closet grow 7ft tall 2.5ft wide 250w hps 2 plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ganjadan11, May 24, 2011.

1. #1 ganjadan11, May 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
    do you think i will need fans for my closet or would it be fine leving the door ajar? its pretty warm in ther and im worried about starting a fire? how likely is that any of youu guys evr had a closet grow catch a light????? alsoo some of my leaves have got little holes in them is this normal?

2. Hi..

A couple of issues that I can see.... What kind of temperatures are you getting in the room during 'daytime'. I like to keep my rooms between 75 and 85 during 'daytime'. Another problems is the door being ajar during 'nighttime' It is important that you do not have any light leaks during the dark period.

An inline fine can be used to blow/suck warm air out of the room. You might be able to just use a passive vent (no inline fan) to get the warm air out. A circulating fan can also be useful to help a passive vent and provide the necessary wind that makes the stems strong.

I use all of the above. Circulating fans, inline fans venting warm air out (air cooled hoods) and an inline fan bringing fresh air into the room.

Hope this helps - Good Luck

3. Thanks think I'm gonna have to get some ventilation in ther sooner rather than later never really thought about the plant becoming stronger as well So they're can be no breaks at all during "nightime" ? And do you think 250w hps is adequate for 2 plants ? Any idea on possible yield?