Do I need anything else?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by blazincaucasian, Sep 15, 2010.

1. about to start my first HID grow, just need to build the closet.
    Is this basically all I need for a grow? I will get a carbon filter later.

HTG 400w hps+mh light (ballast,bulbs,reflector,etc.)
    4inch high velocity (170cfm) inline fan
    fan speed controller
    8ft of 4inch flexible ducting
    4inch ducting clamps
    fox farms grow big/big bloom/tiger bloom
    fox farms ocean forest soil 1.5 cubic feet (good for 4 plants?)
    3 gallon grow bags
    PH control kit (ph up, ph down, ph tester)
    12inch oscallating fan (for plants)
    9 inch fan (blowing on light)

is that about it? the closet is 2x5x6. do you thing the 170cfm exhaust will keep the grow space cool enough? I will be running it into the attic, and leaving the intake to be passive.

thanks all, excited for the grow. I hope it stays cool enough with this setup cause I have stretched my budget to the max and I cant afford an aircooled hood haha.

2. looks like you should be good, aside from the battle with heat from the light. hopefully it works for you!

3. anyone else? Im wondering about the heat issue

4. If you are venting into the attic, have you thought about tapping into the house a/c with 6" dryer hose and piping it into the closet? I've utilized my a/c in a similar fashion and it solved my heat problem.:wave:

5. If you want to drive the Cadillac .. get two in-line fans.
    Use one to keep the lamp cool
    (outside) -> (duct) - > (lamp) -> (duct) -> (fan) -> (outside)
    and one to vent the room
    (carbon) -> (duct) -> (fan) -> (outside)

6. I cant get up in that part of my attic without having to crawl like 50 feet. (contemporary house) I was just going to cut a hole in the ceiling and stuff some ducting in there.

I really cant stretch my budget anymore to get an aircooled hood but If it gets too hot with the standard I guess Ill have no choice.

7. its gonna get dang hot.

but maybe get some heat tolerant bud

if not like 3 computer fans on the light to circulate the heat or direct in to a certain area then have the exhaust pulling hard through a filter, or have it push through the carbon filter to dissipate more'ish heat