Do I need anything else for the bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kaydenislit, Dec 6, 2013.

1. #1 Kaydenislit, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2013
    I just brought a glass bong..
    It has a 3 things in side.. I believe its perc..
    (I'm clearly new with this)

It has a ice catcher in the tube, (ive never seen anyone use this... and im not sure how...and what its purpose?.. to cool the weed down?)
    nice wide base..
    Height is about  foot long or so (may be a little longer not sureee)

and a nice weed holder..

But for some reason im afraid when I use it .. it will burn the weed holder..

70 bucks nyc

So question do i buy something else to go on top of the weed holder to actually hold the weed and I can light it?.. if so what is that thing?

and if not.. cool.. but is there anything else?

lolol.. I had a blunt earlier so don't judge me xD.. I also graduated from acrylic bong to Glass bong! :p

2. Pics^^Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. n00ds

• Like Like x 1
  4. The "weed holder" your talking about is called a slide or bowl. And yes you can get different sizes and shapes. Good luck.

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pics or it didn't happen

• Like Like x 1
  6. there should be a rule where if you make a thread about your bong you have to upload a picture.

• Like Like x 2
  7. pics are nice, but here's some tips:

1. "weed holder" i believe you are referring to what people typically call the Bowl.
    2. those ice notches or also called ice pinch, is to stack ice up the neck of the bong. the ice will cool the smoke and make it less harsh on your throat, as will the water in the bottom.
    3. you will be fine holding a lighter to the bowl, it won't break. if you feel the bowl getting very very warm to the point where it is uncomfortable to touch it, then just leave it alone and it will cool down on its own.
    4. 1 tip for you: add a little lemon juice to your bongwater. it will keep your bong a bit cleaner for a bit longer. come back to the city when it gets dirty, you can find plenty of tips for cleaning here, and plenty of youtube videos.

8. [quote name="Shiva Blaster" post="19111821" timestamp="1386319733"]pics[/quote]
    X2Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1