Do I need an intake fan for closet grow tent?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kanvict, Dec 8, 2013.

1. #1 kanvict, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
    I just bought this grow tent:
    http://www.amazon.com/Aviditi-PTU-68-Reflective-Hydroponic-T-Zipper/dp/B004U6WCMY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1386538591&sr=8-3&keywords=grow+tent

Tent will be inside closet with exhaust pointing outside the closet into my bedroom -- there will be a fan on the top shelf of my closet to circulate the air.

I'm wondering though whether or not I need an intake fan at the bottom or can I just leave the intake open and let it get fresh air from my bedroom? Benefits of having an intake fan? Disadvantages? Would it be better to just put a fan from Walmart inside the tent blowing air upwards OR outside the tent near the intake port blowing upwards?

I read something about exhausting too much air could make the air thin in the tent so the intake fan should be twice as powerful as the exhaust fan to replace the air? Any opinions?

You're not going to be pulling a strong enough vacuum to significantly change the density of your air. Just use a passive intake.

3. i like that

4. Black rider is right, passive Intake all the way bro!

Peace x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. [quote name="headchef1990" post="19130308" timestamp="1386594916"]Black rider is right, passive Intake all the way bro!Peace xSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Yup, I decided to go with passive intake.. I'll get an intake fan if there are problems but as of now I'm sure passive intake would be great especially for only two plantsSent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app