Do I need an inline fan?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Indoorcat, Jan 12, 2017.

1. #1 Indoorcat, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    I haven't set it up yet but the cabinet I plan to grow in is pretty small (2x2x5). Right now my plants (2) are vegging in my living room (legal state). I will have a small fan blowing on the plants but is it necessary to have a fan circulating the air out? I'm growing with a DWC.

2. Yes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

3. Well damn. Are there any super compact ones that you would recommend? The ones I see online all look huge and I don't want to reduce my potential grow height

4. I grow in a 2x2x3 tent and I've never used an inline fan....300w LED and 46w of CFL...temps stay fine and I just open the side vents on the tent to circulate the air....I keep a small desk fan blowing on the 2 plants and they have always been fine....if ur worried about the smell then yes, u certainly need a fan with a carbon filter scrubber..happy growing to u

5. Thanks, I'm not worried about the smell... yet. I guess we'll see. I just don't want to cut down on the space I have at the top of my cabinet if I don't have to.

6. No
    I've grown mine and have no outlet.
    I've left the tent open a little bit at the top to rid the stale air.
    As long as your not bothered about the smell and your temperature is ok then I wouldn't bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Oh please. No, not necessary. Don't listen to that noise. You'll be fine just make sure you have an oscillating fan on your plants. When I grew in a cabinet I had two computer fans and I grew some wonderful flowers. That's for a much larger space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. 20170112_121248.jpg 20170112_121337.jpg

200 mm pc fan 3 speed . 180 mm pc fan for out and a carbon filter on top and a 180 mm pc fan intake. all of which is in a 2x2x3. works great temp stays @ 78 degrees humidity @ 40. :) .

• Like Like x 1