Do I need a new grinder?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by The Evil Thing, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Name/price/website?

2. I've got a target brand grinder, the same as available on GC, which does a very nice job grinding stuff into a very fine powder.

For me if I run about 10g of good quality weed through it, it'll yield well over a gram in kief. Mind you that is good quality weed, not that exploit a tourist mediocre shit they sell in Amsterdam.
    For all the hype around the Bulldog, the best thing about smoking there was meeting Snoop Dogg. The weed was meh.

3. I used to ask myself the same question, great homegrown frosty with crystals but never got any kief, then I accidentally left the but hanging for an extra week (15 hour shifts suck). first bud I threw in there gave me a pile of kief in the chamber.
    Try drying the bud out a little more, you'll get more kief.

4. I have a cheap EZ Grind 4 piece grinder and it works amazing! I have a little brush from a set of clippers I bought that works perfect for a little extra clean up when things get a little clogged and every few months I will soak it in ISO. Drop a nickel in the chamber with a few shakes each time you grind and let the kief build up.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. How would I do that? Btw I'm not growing my own, I buy off the street

6. I wouldn't over dry it if your buds sticky and you bought it off the street it is what it is. Put a quarter in the chamber where the weed goes when ground up... if you want to sterilize it just soak it in some ISO. Then clean it off and dry it real good. But dry bud definitely gets more kief... hell all the weed I bought in Colorado was dry as hell I mean no moisture and it'd do like the poster above you said but it's harsh smoke when it's that dry and since you want to dry it more after purchasing you lose a bit of weight.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

7. you get what you pay for... I'm not saying there are not good $20 4 piece grinders I've just never stumbled upon one. Step up to something like a Kannastor or Santa Cruz Shredder, I really like my Space Case. Any of those 3 will last you 10 years and give you killer amounts of kief and a great grind, probably not going to find that in a $20 grinder

8. I have 2 grinders that I use interchangeably with the same strains.. One gets much more kief than the other..
    My thought process is as follows.. One has a finer screen than the other... Therefore more of the trichomes stay in the ground material, and are smoked... on the other grinder, more trichomes fall off and through the screen, and saved for later..
    I didn't loose any Kief, I just already smoked it !!!

9. I must say I love my Diamond Grind Grinder. I've had the thing since 2012 (I smoke everyday) and it still works like a charm with cleaning once every few months. They're a little pricey but this things value is through the roof. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Check out this video I made on how to clean your grinder (which features my 6 year old Diamond Grind). Hope you guys like it!

*The reason I have a green top is because my friend has the same exact grinder but in green so we thought it'd be cool to switch the tops. :)

10. rabbit the weed burns a lot smoother when its ground. I only smash buds into a bowl when i absolutley have to. I ususally end up dumping green bud because it was not ground.

11. That background song was annoying. Thanks for the vid tutorial.