Do I need a carbon filter??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Shez, Aug 26, 2017.

1. My room is really small it's a coat hanging closet...I have a blueberry single plant grow 2 3inch usb fans and there is a vent to outside above makeshift tent....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

She's recently been put on 12/12 after 14/10 for 2 days and had some LST training...Had to drop 100w T5 to sides of plant to encourage more side growth and circulating around each side each cycle. [​IMG]

Drifted off a bit there lol anyway will I need a carbon filter??
    ..I am building a makeshift intake outake using a 7" fan inside a box surrounded by egg boxes to silence and tubing in tent to the outside vent....she's only been on 12/12 3 days now....am I right flower takes almost 2 weeks to show?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Its going to stink. If your hiding it i would say invest in a small 4 inch...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. How big is your grow space? If it's really small you should make sure that it can fit inside. It is possible to set up a carbon filter outside the grow space, but it's not recommended because you want to suck the air in through the filter and not push it through. Carbon filters have a fabric sleeve (for lack of a better term) that goes around it to grab dust and larger particles that can build up on your fans and ducting. But if you are trying to be sneaky and really hide that smell you really can't do better than a carbon air filter.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It's 3ft by 3ft the space and over 6 ft tall but I've sealed it smaller with black bags

5. Never grew before so didn't want to invest alot plus moving once she's done blueberry a stinker then?

6. And I live in an upstairs flat my neighbours know I smoke I have awesome relationship with them there old and I look after them daily I'm a productive stoner...they don't judge me with it

7. Well if you don't have anyone to hide it from then I guess you don't really need one. But you could easily fit one in there. If you do decide to get one put it towards the top, it'll pull out hot air too. If you want to set it up right you'll need an inline fan for the filter too. I got both for under $100 on amazon

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks for the help much appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  9. This do the job for one plant?

[​IMG]

10. yes that will work pretty cheap but for one plant 30 bucks not bad ,wouldn't be long term should work till you can buy better.so better than nothing .you could search by parts vortex inline fan ,4 inch can filter than metal ducting.
    and how much a good setup cost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I would blow the air into the filter outside the room as this will save you a lot of space inside the flower room

• Like Like x 1
  12. You mean fit the fan on outside of filter pushing air through and out? Rather than suck in and push out

13. filter <-- ducting <--fan <-- ducting <-- flower room

• Like Like x 1
  14. stink appears when flower technically starts( stretch has stopped and pistils start to form) and it idles along then about week 4-6 the smell picks up and towards the end it gets stronger again.

• Like Like x 1
  15. She's small just been in she's 12" high 16" span

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. I assume those are bud sites ( dumb I know )

17. once they get hairy then you'll know for sure, but it's usually a 10-14 day transition to flower