Do I keep her or let her go?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by shredthegnar, Jul 20, 2010.

1. so I live in a neighborhood and I have a pretty big Island Sweet Skunk growing in the backyard. She is almost 4 ft. from the potting soil. Once she starts to bud, I'm pretty sure she will start stinking which my neighbors won't appreciate as much as me. Do I keep her or should I just sell her to somebody who has enough space to let her grow. I am a licensed patient in CO, but I am not sure if I am allowed to grow outdoors in a covenant controlled neighborhood:rolleyes: (probably not) What should I do??? I heard if u put down cedar chips that it will absorb the odors and give off a cedar scent, but is that enough?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Moving this thread to the outdoor section where you may get some good feedback, this plant is far from being sick ;)

3. whattttt?!?!? you're thinking about giving the plant away? lol i'll take it.

No but really, i would keep it, maybe just put it somewhere else. It looks like it's grown nicely, and i would personally hate to give it away. If you're a licensed patient and you're neighbors are cool, try talking to them about it. If not, move it's location, or maybe hang some Irish soap. But make sure it's a female before u go though all this work. lol

4. thanks Ed.

She is most definitely female. I'm sure the next door neighbor already knows. They see me watering her all the time. My other next door neighbors are not there and selling their house. But people across the street have children and that is where the main problem lies. This is my first grow and I'm not quite sure about how strong the smell is going to get, but I imagine it will be very noticeable.

5. It will be intense about 10m-20m in diameter.
    if wind comes from "wrong" direction even more .... in wild area it can be noticable in diameter of 50m or more.
    But really cant say for city or ....

Nothing will absorb that smell, maybe it can be covered with another scent but I cant call that for "secure".

6. i dunno man i see your predicament. I would just find out if you are able to by law in the confines of a neighborhood (i wouldn't know where they would expect you to grow it). I dunno im a firm believer in its your house so fuck it, but at the same time i play by the rules cause in the end cop always win.

7. That is a beautiful specimen of a plant.

I would try to keep her at all costs.

Do u have access to any patches of land nearby where u could bust out a mini guerilla op ???

Freak
    :smoking:

8. yeah thats what Im sayin

I guess I'll have to ask around to see what the "rules" are. The cops will definitely say no:mad:. I'll call the marijuana radio or somethin.

I know she is. Sometimes I just stare at her for like 5 minutes. I'm thinking I might be able to stick her inside next to a south facing window, but I would really like to keep her outdoors and I don't think my roommates would want her in the living room. I'm also thinking that I could probably put her up for trade on Craigslist for lights or other grow equipment or nutes or meds. Hmmm. I just dont know yet

Theres a golf course, and a creek but those place are both heavily traveled and she needs water everyday unless it rains. And nutes every other day

9. plant that bitch and make a forest

10. Dude i like never reply on here, and i saw your post. DIZZAM for reals man, that is a beautiful plant. But im mean holy shit thats huge. And i know the great "outdoors". I think you should do what freakbro says. keep that shit at all costs. were talkin alot of buds bro. you know you could try pruning the leaves to disguise it till then and quite possibly pruning from the node near the petiole to keep it short, by creating more branches. i think it only gets serious when neighbors are staring you down, looking at you weird or saying strange things that sound almost like passive agressive statements(Make sure this happens when your not high, or it will make you paranoid and most likely its not happening). neighbors (cool neighbors) will come to you first. so be a kind guy. mow you lawn on time, say hello, spark up conversations, bullshit, talk about god and conversion yada yada. get my drift, be cool with everyone. youll be fine.

11. oh and the fact that no one has found it yet, prolly means either no one cares. or its in a good spot.

12. I have an idea, maybe. So when do outdoor plants start to stink?

I'm thinking that I might be able to bring her indoors to finish under the HPS if my indoor plants are done by then. There's no room for her right now inside the grow room. But if she can hold off on stinkin until the beginning of September, I could put her inside.

Do you think that its possible or will she be already stinky by then?

13. That odor problem will start at beginning of flowering but not so much, you are ok with.
    But in Sep it will be heavy odor all around.
    Just do not forget its skunk .... so expect skunky smell all around ....

14. #14 shredthegnar, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    sorry for all the questions, but if an ISS is a 10 week bloomer (I think, she is a really heavy sativa, 80%) and by the end of August there are 13 hours of light, how much longer would she need to finish? Or is that an impossible ? to answer. I'm in a pickle, as you can tell.

Edit: there are 14.5 hours of light today

15. Keep the plant. Look very healthy and will give you nice buds. Keep it for yourself. Its legal for you so the neighbors cannot do anything. Just dont keep it in plain view.

16. It is around 8-9 weeks but its not for outdoor, cause light cycle.
    Outside it will be winished at end of Sep - or first week of Oct ... hope you are not above 45* north.

At end of august she will be in full flowering cause Cannabis belong in group of 14 hours flowering plants, means she are almost in flowering what should be in first week of August.
    Im sure you can see right now long long pistils.

17. I'm in the CO so I don't think so. There are definitely white hairs coming out everywhere. If any fellow CO patients are reading this and you want to make a trade, offer away. I will check your papers

18. Dude I say keep her.. Like fereal, you will yield a lot off of her.
    She is so beautiful, just keep her on your back porch or on the side of your house. Wherever there is less visibility by people in general. There is also hazed screens you can purchase from Home Depot, Lowes, Mclendons, and any hardware store basically you have around. But you can get dimensions of it so you can keep it to the height of your plant and the light will go right through it so you don't lose light to your lower foliage. Also maybe next time plant some Corn in a square pattern or triangle and put however many you want in the middle depending how many girls you wanna have in the middle(;
    BEST OF LUCK SHRED!
    Purplepound :bongin:

19. I can't grow corn in my backyard, the HOA will have a fit. They got angry when we left christmas lights up passed January. We couldn't take them down because they were still frozen in the gutters.

What are hazed screens? I Googled it and couldn't find out what you're talkin about

20. #20 Purplepound420, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    Damn well that sucks. I would hate that... I live where there are wide open fields on one half of my backyard and hella thick woods on the other half. Love it out here. But back to the 'Hazed Screens' I will do some research for yaa. But if I may also suggest.. if you have a back yard or back porch or back sliding glass door you could get an Outdoor Blocking Screen like the ones attached and put it on both sides of your back door and have a little patio that is enclosed. I do not know how tall these blockers are but im sure there are some tall ones out there that will suit your big girl. lol. The middle picture is of some of the Hazed Screen. And may i suggest a small greenhouse maybe?..

Attached Files: