Do I have to use HPS or MH to grow 6 plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Madcap79, Jan 22, 2011.

1. I'm starting to worry that the fluoros I bought are not going to be enough :(

2. You don't have to use HID, but it becomes challenging and expensive to light a larger number of plants with anything else.

What fluoros do you have?

3. Depends how many bulbs we're talking about...

It's not necessarily cost effective, but it can be done.

4. i got four 4ft t5s with 6 plants. the space is beyond tight and gives a challenge. it def takes alittle longer to grow. but they work great.

5. U gotta think about heat to. a tight area is with no way to vent air is going to get real hot. T5 work great For veg growth but you will need something stronger for flower.

6. I used a 4ft flo tube with sunbulbs that mimic the outdoors and they grew fine.Ace hardware about 15 bucks a bulb.Thats for the first few weeks then switched to MH.The to flower switched to hps great results.

7. Right now all I have is 4 4ft tube fluoros T8 bulbs. How expensive are HPS's?

8. I have a sun systems 400w hps mh switchable. It was 300 bucks for the ballast and 100 for the bulb.

9. That's about $300 more than I'd like to spend. Nice oregano stash.....:smoke:

10. Dude it was worth every penny. I love that light. There are cheaper ones out there that one just works best for me because I have a closet grow. keeps heat down pretty good and very space efficient. And as far as the oregano....that well that was a fun couple weeks. from my first outdoor grow. I grow indoors with hydro now.

11. Oh in my veg room I use 2 2 foot 4 bulb t5's they work great 88 bucks a piece lights included.

12. Would it be possible then to use what I have for veg and then get a HPS for flowering?