Do I have to Top my plant???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BobMarley...., Nov 2, 2006.

1. im on day 30 of veg stage.... i was wondering if it is completly neccesary to top my plant.. if so how do i do this and why is it neccesary

2. You dont HAVE to, it depends on how you want your plant to grow, taller, shorter, how many shutes you want on your canopy, ect.
    This topic has been discussed in quite a few other threads, use the search function to look for "topping" and youll get different ideas on why people do it, and what it means for you and your plants.

Good luck, read up all you can.

3. I just did mine man and i'm on day 23 veg, did it yesterday. you cut right below the new growth right below the new node......it will cause the plant to form 2 side branches and will form 2 main colas instead of one......it is recommended you top at most twice

4. Plants respond differently to topping. Some of them love it and some get stunted for days with generally less vigor. LST seems to work best if you don't want to top there are lots of pictures if you look around the grow logs.

5. u can. i never has tried topping tho. i use LST. pretty much u bend your plant sideways and tie it then the side shoots gro tall like its the main shoot. yours might be too big to do that tho now. u kinda got to start it early

6. still looking for some help...

7. u can... but u don't have to. its up to u. if u don't it will continue to grow if u do it then it will stop growin and maybe u can get 2 tops.