do i have to much light

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bud_smoke, Apr 10, 2006.

1. i have 2, 3" tall seedlings that are about 1 1/2 weeks old in a footlocker w/ foil around the sides and im using a 100 watt sunlight spectrum bulb could this be the problem

2. are you using tin foil? is it dull side out? also, you can only be helped as much as you help us. we need to know specific details before we can offer any real help. what exactly is the problem? i would say its pretty much imposible that you have too much light. that light is ideal for raising small seedlings so i wouldnt think that its too much light. if the tin-foil is shiny side out then this could be creating heat issues, but more to the point, you havent even stated what the problem is!! come back with some more info and i guarantee youll get more response.
    Just Blaze It.....

3. the 1st set jagged leaves are drooping a little but the second set and the round leaves are fine and im using aluminum foin and not tin

4. sorry man but how much have you read up on this? the "round" leaves (cotlydons) being fine is nothing to be happy about. you need to worry about the true leaves. (the "jagged" ones) aluminium foil is just as bad as tin. is it shiny side to the plants? how often are you watering them? come one man i really cant help you unless you make an effort to give all the details of your grow. all the advice i can give based on what youve said is stop watering so much, (you should only water when the soil is dry) and if you havent watered for a while and they are dropping, then water them a little, dropping at this stage usually means either under or overwatering. and unless you have the foil dull side to the plants, switch it around, or even better, get some mylar or something that has better reflectivity than foil...
    Just Blaze It.....

5. i have a 2'X4' space with 950 watts ...... no such thing as too much light :wave:
    too much water, too much nutes, too much attention= not enough knowledge=wasted time n energy:(