Do I have to germinate my seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cptngreen, Oct 16, 2016.

1. I took a 5 gallon bucket filled it with soil and popped my seeds in about a inch down. Do I have to germinate them? If not, how often do I have to water the seeds?

2. It should be fine, best way is putting the seed in a glass of luke warm water somewhere dark until it sprouts then put it in between two damp tissues and put it on a plater and cover it with another one then plant after another day or so then put in soil

3. Watering should be like every 4 days or so for seedlings dont use too much at the start maybe 1-2 cups

4. Yes you don't have to but when you don't the success rate of the seed goes way down.... The glass water and wet paper towel after 12-24hrs leave in water that long.... Then rolled in wet paper towel(damp) not soaking.... Then when pops and throws tail about half as long as the seed, put the tail straight down ,as deep as the first bend(you have two before the knuckle lol) on your finger... Lightly water barely letting it hit.... Don't want to go deeper....

Btw it takes sometimes up to two weeks to get through soil if even does your way... If only been in soil under four days, I'd just lightly get out the soil throw in water start from there,,...... Our way is 99%success rate.... Good luck bro

5. This is such a bad start to a first grow. There's so much info on this site. Do yourself a favor and do some research. Here's a few problem solvers for your present situation. Solo cups half filled with soil. Moisten soil. 1 seed per cup buried about 1/4". Cover with clear plastic. You won't need to water for a few days after they sprout and then water very sparingly....Good luck.

6. I plant directly from the fridge into the pot it will spend it's life in. Spray the soil and keep it very moist until the seed sprouts and back way off. then only needs mist once a day.

7. I always start seeds directly in soil. They still germinate and success rate does not go down.

Got to laugh at some of the bs spread around

• Like Like x 2