Do I HAVE to clean my pipe?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by kumau, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I have my pipe in front me, which I haven't smoked in a long time. I'm thinking it's been almost 2 years at the most. It is definitely not a clean pipe, but I don't see any mold inside, just dry blackness and some resin here and there.

I want to my smoke my weed now. Do yall think I should smoke it now, or clean it first? I don't have any alcohol or anything else to clean it with.

2. wow you joined in 09 and this is your first post...

have a smoke and tomorrow get some proper cleaning stuff. Clean smoking gear makes everything taste good again

3. haha I just noticed that too. Four years huh?

Do you think that even if I can't see anything, there's gonna be mold or bacteria inside an unused-for-2-years pipe? I stored it inside a poppable bubble sheet, which was inside a thick cloth, inside my desk. I just want to make sure that I don't get sick from smoking.

4. You should clean it anyways.. only takes 2 mins and you'll notice a difference when smoking, feels a lot better than a dirty pipe.

Put it in a bag with alcohol and salt. Shake it to clean it, let it sit for a couple mins. If you don't have alcohol, use water and salt.

5. You wouldn't have to but imagine all the resin you'll get! I clean my bowl weekly just to keep it looking pretty and to smoke the res, I love it. I always scrape mine out with a paper clip, get as much res as I can and then put it in a solution of alcohol, warm water, and sea salt. As someone who didn't clean their bowl for the first year of owning it, I would recommend it. It makes smoking much more enjoyable!

6. you smoke resin that you let sit in warm water, alcohol, and SALT? :confused::confused:

7. You will need to clean it eventually. If you never clean your pipe, some day it will be too filled with resin to even smoke out of it. Cleaning it will give you better taste and a better hit, but you probably don't need to clean it right now.

I've seen issues with mold in dirty water pipes that have been sitting for a long period of time, but not dry pieces.

8. No, I scrape it out with a paper clip first. I said that haha

9. you dont HAVE to do anything but you should

10. There may not be mold, but I can guarantee you it is going to taste gross if you dont clean it and it has been dirty for 2years

11. Just think, you could have cleaned your pipe in the time you spent posting this thread

12. I pick up pipe cleaners and clean mine out every 2 or 3 days. It maes for better hits that get you higher per hit than usual. You'll notice a clear difference if you clean it.

13. Absolutely, if I don't get the resin out of my pipes after about half-O or so, they get really clogged. You don't have to go ape shit and clean your pipes after every single use, but I'd say after about a half ounce or so scrape the resin and stash that shit for a rainy day.

14. This might sound wasteful and stupid but I use cheap clear glass pipes and when they turn black and start to get clogged I throw them out and get another one. However I am on the verge of getting a much better pipe so will start to clean it on a regular basis.

15. you can smoke it for sure.

but i'd clean it sometime soon, always nice to have a clean glass pipe

16. That's extremely wasteful man... It's a waste of a good pipe, and Resin (if you aren't too high and mighty to partake).

I just cleaned all 3 of my dirty pipes today and they all look brand spanking new. All I did was place them in a glass dish, and poured boiling water over all of them and just let it sit covered for about 10-20 minutes, then just use a bobby pin and globs of resin fall out.

17. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't wash a pipe/bong, so many germs. Do you use the same glass to drink out of and share it with people everyday and then never clean it? It's nasty.

18. I can't believe people love resin, that stuff tastes nasty.

19. #20 chrisperezpz, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    I am sure you are not very health cautious. Your are using a dirty pipe for unhealthy habit. Wow.