Do I have to change who I am so that I could stop getting hurt?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Atem, Aug 2, 2012.

1. You're over analyzing it if you don't get it. Go after what you want. If she leaves and you still want her for whatever reason, let your intentions be known and do everything you can to make sure you get what you want. Of course, still play the game and don't come off as desperate. But don't abandon something you want.

You seem to be doing it just fine in all the other parts of your life judging by your track record. But with the whole people leaving you thing, you're putting pride over your want to be with them. You are getting exactly what you want the most. You're just realizing you can't have it all. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but maybe you should reconsider your priorities.

Any who, I haven't slept since yesterday so my apologies if I sound like I'm rambling, which I'm sure I do.

2. My buddy who I've known since elementary school and who lives down the street from me just recently won the national Yu-gi-oh trading card game championship. He seems pretty happy with the flock of nerdy bitch's he's recently received lol

3. I understand what you're saying and since I haven't said every detail of my life obviously assumptions will be made.

I have let my intentions be known and that's why that girl wants to get back with me but the way she's going about it was confusing me. Talking with her on the phone did clear some things up though.

My friend was telling me that the other girl who I was best friends with who stopped talking to me after changing her mind apparently did so because she was choosing between me and this other guy and went for him cause he was older, they could go to bars and whatever, bottom line she felt bad and thought that was the best way to go about it.

obviously that's hearsay but it made sense more than anything cause when she invited me to her birthday thing she looked depressed but would smile really hard when she saw me. I also saw her by accident once and she gave me a huge hug and acted like nothing happened but that was it, nothing else after that.

I think the issue is that I'm young and haven't learned how to deal with these situations yet, which are inevitable, but I still needed an outlet to talk about them so I can truly understand whats going on for myself. I'm not really trying to find any quick fixes or words to say to bring these people back but the ability to have peace of mind from within and not from outside.

4. Aha nice :p and the only thing I like about it is season zero, not the english one about card games. Season zero was just about playing random satanic games with bad people who would end up cheating and tortured by the evil in their heart.

like this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX16N3UUDBg]Yu-Gi-Oh! Yugi´s First Card Game EVER! - YouTube[/ame]

and this [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbZFuOpUk4]Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 0 - Episode 2 Devil Gamer Trap from Hell - YouTube[/ame] at 18:10

he burns a guy alive :p

5. If you wanna discuss a horrible kiddie anime show, do so in the proper forum. If you want to keep discussing it in this thread, it'll just get deleted.

6. Sorry people kept bring it up so I thought I'd address it.

Are you in a bad mood or something? It was one post in response to another...

I even said I didn't want things to get off topic in my other post... chill

So if anyone would like to address my original concerns I would greatly appreciate it.

7. I hate Yugioh. From my Pojo days. If I never see Yugioh again it'll be too soon. In any case, try to stay on topic

8. I was given some really good advice last night that I think applies to you..

A man cannot act in a manner that is inconsistent with the way he views himself

Your perception of yourself is who we act out physically

Its sorta like the phrase "you won't ever succeed saying can't"
    You think that you will fail so we give up

Giving up is almost always the reason why we fail at things.belief in the strength inside you don't give up on what u want

Women like winners..and winners never quit..

9. Why is there so much emphasis on relationships when we are young? Take some time to grow up and become who you are.

10. If you found the right person showing love should be really easy, like you barely have to try you just have to talk and you drive her crazy. Other wise you're just forcing fake love.

There should be no doubts. There should be no second thoughts or regrets. Sharing feelings, talking, affection, passion, attention, love and happiness should be easy.

And it sounds like you're chasing the wrong woman man, they sound extremely opportunistic and are really there to not feel lonely, they're probably the girls that have a boyfriend or 2 every month.

11. you seem like you got everything together. i know guys like you that are successful in relationships...but i can't find your flaw that makes you fail. although i feel like if i went through your everyday life i could find it. but you're doing that yourself with a journal so that's good. hopefully you'll find the answer within

12. Writing my journal was honestly surreal... It was as if my subconscious was walking my conscious worries through all of my problems and why I shouldn't dwell on them. I was just writing, not thinking about what I was going to write, just writing in the form of a conversation talking myself through everything.

I wrote down all of the years of my life on separate pieces of paper, all of the people who've fucked me over, my bad habits, and everything I've done wrong. Then I gave each one of them one last look and burned them.

I just told my self I'm done with it in the most symbolic way I could think of and force myself to start from that day on with a clean slate. I've honestly never felt so liberated in my life. There's nothing in my past I need to dwell on unless it was a positive force that pushed me where I am today, and even then, I don't have any reason to look back.

I'm just trying to move forward and it was all of those doubts and habits that made me so depressed. Over less than 2 years I completely changed my habits, going from a lazy, useless, unproductive shy kid to the type of person I wanted to be and am today because of circumstances I put myself in. I am honestly so lucky I didn't just get caught up in everything and get sent to jail and completely ruin my life; I actually had a second chance.

I got my education back on track so I could go to university and make something of myself, worked out as hard as I could to be in the best shape I could ever naturally be in, studied the world around me, learned how to tone down my shyness and put effort into being social, and learned how to see myself for what I'm worth.

I only recently started realizing that everyone I meet who didn't know me before treats me like a completely different person. I guess the people who I knew from before, during, and after this change didn't know how to deal with me anymore.

I don't care anymore though, as I said before I'm done, everything before that day I burnt my past is just a story of how I got to where I am today.

I honestly feel like my spirit was born again and I've never felt better :)

13. [quote name='"Homegrowroller"']OP, I recommend a large bowl, a stiff drink, sitting down and asking yourself. Who am I? What makes me happy? What do I want? What do I need? You are the only person who can answer that, and you're also the only one who can choose what to do about it. Can you be happy alone? Do you feel you require companionship? If so why? Is this run of bad luck because they don't want you, you don't want them, or they just aren't the people you DO want. Stare at a blank wall and think.[/quote]

This. Get yourself some good bud,Put on the appropriate music, sit alone in silent darkness, get stoned out of your mind, then do some serious self reflecting. I've had some great moments of revelation doing this. Think of it as self therapy

14. I quit smoking weed and cigarettes about a week and a half ago and I rarely drink at this point.

Smoking weed has helped me in an indescribable way that brought a certain perspective into my life that couldn't be replaced with anything. Unfortunately I feel as thought that chapter of my life has finally come to an end and I have to start taking life on under no outside influences. Specifically speaking for myself, their came a point where I subconsciously started suppressing the pain I was dealt by those around me through heavy sedation.

I honestly couldn't bare to think some explainable events in my life through because I didn't have a stable enough mind to comprehend the reality of what had happened. Eliminating outside influences made me believe I was in sort of absolute state where my thoughts were decisive and had no need for second guessing. This gave me comfort when I would make an attempt to explain an uncontrollable situation to myself so that I could finally let the dwelling thoughts fade away into my past.

At this point I feel as if all I need right now is time and my previous actions will allow everything to start falling into place, it just feels as though time may be moving to slow for my mind to bare with.

I just need to see myself for what I'm worth and move on with my life, dwelling in the past will only distance myself from a promising future.

15. Wow... I just got back from vacation 10min ago and way to much random shit just happened.

2 of the employee agencies called my and asked if I wanted to work, one of them was shit so I told them to close my account they're not worth my time and the other I actually quit with no notice cause they were pissing me off but seeing as how I was one of their best workers they wanted me back so I obliged and will start tomorrow to make some more money before school starts.

One of my friends, who I don't see very often and his mind is completely there anymore came to my door asking to chill and saying he probably needed a place to crash but I honestly can't deal with him at my house right now so said I'll chill with him later and will find him somewhere else to stay.

So here's the relevant part: That girl, that use to be my best friend, messaged me as soon as I got back home on facebook and started this huge conversation with me. She didn't bring up what happened but what I guess checking up on me and see where I was at now, which is honestly light years ahead of her (The only "bad" habits I had I completely ended, have been working full time, and already planned my career route and my dedication to law school as opposed to her drinking and drug use, which is fine to an extent, with her 22 year old trucking bf that still lives with his parents and drinks at parks with 17/18 year olds).

I'm just going to assume, because this is absolutely out of no where and she even stopped and still isn't talking to my friends she use to always hang out with for the same amount of time, this happened because I made a status saying something along the lines of how much I needed this vacation and that besides the fact there was only 1 girl I truly missed I wish I never had to go back home which that girl commented on saying she missed me and blah blah blah...

So yea, I'm happy she knows where I'm at now and I may go see her for coffee if she wants but I don't really think I need her in my life at this point since I had to take so much time getting over the fact that she left. I could possibly stay friends but honestly I feel as if I may be better off just continuing this distance she put in between us.

I guess I'll just play it by ear.

16. There's so much knowledge in this fucking thread.... I need to start changing my life :/

17. Ey bro I had a problem like this a bit except I just couldn't find the right girl. I'd be too nice and slow with fucking and all that physical shit other than hooking up or a nice kiss/cuddle sesh you just gotta show her you don't need her and wouldn't be all fucked up if she left youd just ramble on ya know bro keep doin your thing even when she wants to be a bitch. So before you're really nice show her(not being a douche) that you provide for yourself, are put together, toke on youre terms etc
    People are just animals capable of higher thinking and thus respond subconsciously as such so just establish yourself, a pack/social group, direction, and before you give her you're heart *make sure to have hers*
    You seem like a nice dude so just give her slowly what you would like reciprocated and always watch your back if she responds well and she's cute after about the fourth date set up a romantic date get fucked up(put on a skin) and make some memories bro

18. I'm not trying to tell you how to live life bro but I wouldnt advise gettin with her again unless you know for a fact she's mature enough to handle a relationship with someone such as yourself with a much higher intellect than her last trailer trash bf I moved from my school where I was enrolled in full college courses to this ghetto ass neighborhood filled with ignorant bitches and it's completely different those kinda broads are fun for a night but youre not gonna want someone like that around the next morning especially after the shit she put you through but that's just the thoughts of a random just expect the same thing bitches don't change they just try to change you