do i have to be a full time student to stay on my parents health insurance?

Discussion in 'General' started by mosdef777, Jan 18, 2014.

1. hey blades, i startmy second semester soon,  and i really don't wanna take 12 credits haha, i heard that if I'm not a full-time student i can't stay on my parents health insurance but i don't think thats true. anyone here know?

thanks

2. i dont think you need to be a student to stay on your parents insurance until you are 26

obamacare

thats what i said, my brothers a know it all.

thank you obama!!!

4. #4 Royal Vengeance, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    Lazy.

If you were my kid you'd have to sue me to get that insurance if you were gunna take a minimal amount of classes

Im halfway to being able to afford my health care.. so close to not being constrained by mommy.

5. Nope. Im on it til im 26

6. All you gotta do is register for 12 credits. Print a full time status sheet then drop courses and you're gold. But like they said you should be good til your 26

7. word, thats watsuppp thanks guys. i didn't know if it applied to me or not. 

once again grass city/obama saves the day

8. No I am stiill on for a few more months.

9. ok mr judgmental. i rather take 9 and pass them all then struggle with 12. and ok halfway so ur still under theres. I'm 18, just tryna do good in school 

10. #10 lisamc, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2014
    [quote name="WHATS GOOD BABE" post="19366371" timestamp="1390100562"]ok mr judgmental. i rather take 9 and pass them all then struggle with 12. and ok halfway so ur still under theres. I'm 18, just tryna do good in school [/quote]Nothing sucks worse than paying so much for a class and books and then failing and not getting the credits, or struggle the whole time only to Withdraw in the end. You're doing the right thing!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. How about being in Community College or Uni for 2-5 extra years because you took It easy. I'm going to assume on mommy or daddy's dime otherwise your original rebuttal would've been "I'm working AND going to school so get off my back"All I know. Is that my buddies who take less credits each semester are the ones that are half assing it in the first place. Call me a dick but that's how I see it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

i took 15 last semester so i can take one chill one. i just wanna make sure i can do really good. and i was in one ap class in hs which gave me 2 college credits, so I'm good. and i didn't say you were a dick, but i was simply asking a question and you came and assumed a bunch of stuff. and yes my parents are paying for it, but i appreciate it, i don't see it as a bad thing, if they can afford to help you out and choose to then thats a good thing, I'm not gunna leave school with any debt. and i appreciate all the things my parents do for me.