Do i have Mold Or Bud-rot?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by addebit, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Hello.

Im pretty new to this forum. Im a beginner in growing and have just started my second grow. I recently finished my first grow. It was 2 plants from CBD Crew, CBD Nordle. Grow went well. I followed the guides on the internet for drying and curing. One of my plant had a pretty big top bud. After drying i chopped it up into little nugs and stored in glas jars for curing. I then later read about bud-rot and got spooked that  the plant with big top bud had bud-rot. Some of the stems from the top bud are kind of "whitish". Iv seen weed that kind of look like mine, but I'm still worried. It doesn't smell any weird. And I'm no expert.

So, do i have mold or bud-rot in my weed?

IMG_1670.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1679.jpg

2. #2 Dro Smoe, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    Welcome to GC brotha! It looks absolutely fine to me.. But it'd be helpful if you cut a bud in half and showed us how it looks in between the calyxes and along the "white stem" as well..  For the "white stem" my guess is that seeing as how it was located on the main cola it's probably just loaded with trichomes.. I wouldn't worry, but you could throw up another pic of it just to confirm..  Nice looking bud tho! But i do see a seed or two in there =/ .. lol no worries, enjoy..

-Dro

3. If u look on the bottom bud in the third picture from top, it's kind of white/beige spots on it. That was mostly what worries me. When I've been google but-rot I've found many pictures that looks similar to that bud. Tomorrow I will select a few of the buds that worries me and cut them up and upload pictures of them.

Seeds? I can't find any seeds when I inspect them. I never saw any pollen sacs during flowering either.

4. looks like the white chunky clayxes in dense buds that dont get any light so they're real light green/white

5. #5 addebit, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    Thanks for the replays. You are all so friendly at this forum.  :gc_rocks:
    Ok, so i took few of the buds and cut them open. This is what it looks like. The second and third photo in every session is with and without flash.

Bud nr 1:
    IMG_1682.jpg
    IMG_1683.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG

Bud nr 2:
    IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1687.jpg
    IMG_1688.jpg

Bud nr 3:
    IMG_1690.jpg
    IMG_1691.jpg
    IMG_1692.jpg

So, what do you say? 

6. iv'e never had neither so i have no idea i'm just commenting so hopefully more people will come and take a look :)

7. Nope your bud is fine. If it were bud rot it would look like complete death and very brown. Just looks like the inside of the buds. If you battled bud rot throughout the season and had to pick apart your big beautiful colas you'd know exactly what i'm talking about.

8. Thats great news! I was so certain it was some kind of problem with the buds that i almost threw the entire crop away.

Now i can make canna caps that will last for me and my patient till next crop is ready. Thanks guys! :yay:

9. niiice.... ^^ post your recipe, would love to see it! 

10. #10 addebit, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
    I use a very basic method with Coconut Oil and a Crockpot that works great.

I grind up 10g of weed. Put it in Crockpot. Add Coconut oil, just enough to cover the herbs. Put on low. Let it "cook" for 4 hours on low. Stir every half hour. Shut it of, let it cool for 1  hour. Filter thru a permanent coffee filter. Enjoy the oil :)

I make caps of my oil. For my dosages i want to use 0.2g of weed per dosage. So when i use 10g of weed i know i will get 50 dosages. I then whey my filtered oil and divide it by 50. Say i have 100g of ready oil, that makes 1 dose / 2g oil. Then i take a dropper, fills it with oil, and drops on a fine scale until it reach, in this case 2g. Say it was 15 drops. I now fill my 00 caps with 15 drops each, seal them and put the in freezer. All done :)

Might be easier ways to do it but this works great for me.

11. looks like your cab might've been a little hot during flowering, otherwise looks fine. it certainly wont make you sick or kill you if any of that has any mold in it as it would be a negligible amount.

12. #12 addebit, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    I don't know what you mean by "cab" but I did have some problems with the temperature in the tent thru-out the intire grow.