Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I have Glaucoma?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tripsahoy, Apr 4, 2009.

1. For the past year or so, I've felt an odd pressure in my eyes. I used to think that it was normal, but sometimes it really bothers me. I've done a bit of research on glaucoma, and apparently you get little halos or blind spots sometimes if you have a certain type of it. I don't notice the blind spots too often, but its well known that this eye disorder creeps up on you. Also, I've had two or three concussions (can't remember =P) in which I suffered some eye trauma, and got those weird rainbow halo things. Right after those concussions, I felt eye pressure similar to what I have right now. Also, I generally have redness around my eyes, sometimes a lot, and when I smoke weed my eyes always get devil's dick red.

My mother has an eye disorder (which I believe is glaucoma, but I can't be sure) , and shes undergone a couple of surgeries and is currently on epinephrine or something like that.

Not sure if this is related, but I get teary-eyed like 3 times a day for no particular reason.

Oh and the last time I went to the eye doctor was like a year and a half ago before any of the concussions, and he said I was fine.

So before I go to the doctor again, what do you guys think?

2. you should definitely go regardless, especially if your wondering if its glaucoma...better safe then sorry.

3. well the doc said you were alrite before the concusions and u say this is happenin after the concusions its prolly because of that. its probably not even any big deal but go to a doctor for sure to get it checked out.

4. I already said I was going to the doctor, I was just wondering if anyone who is knowledgeable in glaucoma could enlighten me on the validity of my symptoms.