do i have females or males?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kemjika11, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Hello once again,

i've been going online and checking out pictures to verify if my 2 northern lights are females or males. my hunch is that they are female but i am really having problems knowing what they truly are, and this is where i seek help. sorry i don't have a digital cam to take the pics and show you guys, but when i look straight at the stem of one of the plants(almost 3 weeks old), i see 2 pointy things sticking out, each sticking out from the side of the stem, and almost joining at the top. it looks like a triangle. and the second plant seems to show this same characteristic. i know i could induce flowering by setting it to 12 /12, but right now i have it on 18/6, and they are growing just fine. i don't want to mess up the vegetative growth right now, wehn i know i could find out if its females or males. the older plant is showing white crystals on the leaves too, and when i rub on the stem i can smell the marijuana on my fingers. if any one has any personal pics of males and females in early growth, that could help me alot. i look forward to your expert opinion on this. thanks.

2. it's to early to sex there just more leaves!

3. 2 things, agree to early to tell, and rubbing the stems with your hand is not a good idea, that MJ smell you get off the plant is resins protecting it from external damage i.e. bacteria off your hands!!!!!!!

4. those 2 things r prolly not the female part those i always notice. i forget what they r called the stipule or some shit lol u just have to watch those and see if white hairs come out or if nuts do. its really simple and once u see for yourself u will kno forever. its hard to tell in veg un less vegged for a long period of time. but usually takes between 4 to 8 days after flower is induced..

5. Sounds like stipules but hard to tell from the description alone.

6. put it on 12/12 and wait for 3 weeks at the very most and you will be able to tell easy