Do i have enough to start?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Big_Bud, Jul 19, 2009.

1. #1 Big_Bud, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2009
    Hello once again, ok i've taken the first step to make my box.
    I've purchased a 125w CFL and i have a fan to ventilate, once i have seeds and soil etc will i be ready to begin? I will add more light to it later on ofcourse but for now is a 125w CFL and a fan good enough?
    Oh i do also have my box aswel, just need to mod it.

2. Come on guys, surely someone can tell me?

3. Yes, you have enough to start, but I'd suggest completing the box first because of a bad experience with not first completeing the box.

125w should be good to start, but might want to add some supplemntary light as you progress.

4. you will need two bulbs as one is used for vegetative growth and then one for flowering time is main problem with low wattage bulbs plus your buds will b nowhere near as large as they cud b with 400 or 600 watt bulbs but you will still get a result i use a budbox tent with a 600 watt cooltube and can get 5 crops a year from it based on buying medium length growing periods up to 9 weeks

5. blue light for veg and red for flowering tho you probably understand that already

6. if your box is safe enuff consider using 250 watt red envirolite bulb for flowering

7. You did not answer any part of his question "i luv it"

8. My advice to you is READ READ and READ some more it's what i've been doing for the past month or so and i still haven't bought one thing for my grow because there is still so much to learn you shouldn't expect everyone to answer every question do your own research it will help a lot

9. reading does not replace experience and i gave him more info than you

10. buy a proper tenty and you wont hav any problems unless they are not available to you in your country

11. #11 Go-Rizla, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
    He wants to know if he can begin or should he wait a bit still. You just threw info at him. maybe he knows about lights already, and felt no need to mention it.

OP - you can start whenever you want, but theres a lot to consider. MOD your box, make sure its light proof, air flows, and maybe get a filter for odors? Like they said before, READ. Everything you'll ever need to know is on here somewhere, search for it.