Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I have Cannabinoid Hypermesis Syndrome?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Enzifyyy, Sep 3, 2016.

1. So, it's currently the end of summer, and college resumes in a couple days. Over the past couple months I have been a regular smoker. About 1 - 1.5 grams a day, which I strictly smoke out of my bong to help conserve herb. Everything has been fine, until about two weeks ago. I have been waking up extremely early, no matter what time I go to bed, and will wake up with excruciating abdominal pain. I usually manage to make it to the bathroom, where I throw up white fluid about the same consistency of saliva or sometimes yellow stomach bile. I have never experienced symptoms such as this in my life, and am wondering could it be CHS? I have not been a long term smoker where CHS seems to present itself mostly. I have not smoked in 5 days now, and the first morning I woke up without smoking the previous day, I did not throw up or have any of the symptoms previously described. I still love marijuana, but am concerned of what it is doing to me. Any ideas of what this could be? Thanks.

2. Hi hon, I'm "Granny", one of the local "know it alls".;)

If you are female (your name gives me no clue), you may be pregnant! Severe "morning sickness" can present that way.

Do you drink enough liquids? Dehydration can cause nausea.

Are you taking a zinc or mineral tablet before bed?

Does bathing in hot water relieve your symptoms? If so, then it is CH. I read a lot of medical studies, and bathing or showering in hot water is frequently mentioned as a way to end the nausea and vomiting.

Compulsive showering and marijuana use - the cannabis hyperemisis syndrome. (full – 2013) Compulsive showering and marijuana use – the cannabis hyperemisis syndrome

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome: A Paradoxical Cannabis Effect. (full – 2015) http://www.hindawi.com/journals/crigm/2015/405238/

Would you like a bunch of free studies and articles on CH (and also just about everything else related to cannabis)? Go to this post, read and click! :yay:
    Granny's List is on the Cloud! FREE! Get it here!

But, hon, nausea like that is not normal, if it isn't CH, you REALLY need to see a doctor. If it is CH, you need to quit. Do you need to quit forever? Nobody really knows! :confused_2: CH is a brand-new condition!

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol
    Lol it probably was! That's a lot of pot to smoke in a short time. Chs is about your body being saturated with tons of cannabinoids.

If you feel better now I'd take like a two week tolerance break and then get back at it, but smoke less

4. #4 gumby99, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    I posted about the same thing. I do not want to quit. I read it will come back if you start again. Granted, I am\was a very heavy smoker. I have quit for a month and all symptoms went away. My plants are about a week away from harvest and I was going to see if I could go back smoking less. The Mayo clinic said it would come back if I did. It helps me in many ways. Insomnia, pain, add. My sister who's a nurse recommended that I go on a bunch of unnatural meds but I am not a pill person. can I just smoke less?
    Enzifyyy, from my research, it is long term smokers who get it. +5 years. I dont know but I would see a dr. I know i'm a bit late to reply. I hope it worked out.