Do I have bugs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by theblunt, May 26, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

There is 2 spots where something happen to the leaves. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Probably not. I've had damage like that in the past. I'm not 100% what the cause is but it doesn't spread so can't be bugs. It's not something I would worry about

3. Appreciate the feedback. I have a bowl of water near the plants for humanity and found a gnat in it. So gnats aren't harmful right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. No. I don't see anything to indicate that you have bugs. You do desperately need to remix that soil you're using though and add some more perlite to it. That looks like some of the "organic" stuff they sell at the big box stores. You would do better, if you're not going to get actual formulated grow soil, to buy some good potting mix and amend it with about 40% perlite. These plants need excellent drainage and the actual grow soils work best, but you can grow in potting mix bought from a store if you understand what it's made up of and how to deal with it. Add perlite at a 60/40 ratio and understand that these things are loaded with slow release fertilizers. Your plants have to get rooted in each time they go through a container change, so there will be a period of time when it seems your plant isn't growing. It is, it's just creating it's root system. But having excellent drainage is a big deal if you want your plant to be healthy. They don't like their roots sitting in constant moisture. If you have little grow experience, do yourself a favor right now and go to the new grower threads here and read the several "sticky's" posted there. These contain the "basics" of how to grow these plants in various media. But you need to do some studying up on what this plant likes, needs and how you grow it and stress it as little as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. They can be. They lay their eggs in the soil and their maggots eat roots. Sticky traps can keep the numbers down, try to allow the surface of the soil to fully dry out as gnats are attracted to the damp soil

If gnats ever become a major problem then this stuff is quite amazing. One application and no more gnats

[​IMG]