Do I have any talent?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by lineyednick, Jul 26, 2011.

1. I just recently made a deviant art account thinking I had some skills in photography and photo manipulation, but my account has almost no views and I want and opinion on how I am doing. If you guys could help out and critique my work, that would be great.

NRoberts93's deviantART Gallery

Thanx alot!

2. I really like the oyster shrooms and the two seasons in one pic.

For what it's worth, I think they're pretty good

3. How many other peoples work have you viewed and favorited?

Also, most work only gets viewed right after submission.

Most people only want other people to view their work and don't ever actually seek out other peoples work. This is why noone get's shit unless you appeal to the masses because everyone is only looking out for their own.

4. Alright, that makes sense, I guess I should start puttin my name out there a little bit more.

5. I don't really like any of it. Don't take me at my word though. I'm not an art critic or anything of the sort. I just feel a lot of it is really novice and typical. Which probably isn't bad if you've just started getting into it. If you've been into it for a while, I'd expect some better stuff.

Do you utilize any tutorials? There are so many awesome ones out there that help out with blending, layer, lighting, etc... It will really help you out with your progression. Once you learn it from a tutorial, you can apply it just about anything.

Lastly, one thing you have to know about any art/photo sharing site is views usually don't just fall on your lap. These sites operate much like social networking sites. You need to join groups, hit up the forums, search out the art you're interested and comment on others work. The more you get active on the site, the more views, criticism, praise, etc... you'll begin receiving.

6. Shrooms are cool

7. Pretty good man.

8. I like quite a few of them. Breaking Sky buzzes me out. Digging the Amp, too. The reflection off the dials works quite well for some reason.

I'm no critic or anything though, I know nothing of art.

Like others have said though, get out there and comment and view other people's work, hop on art forums and shit, get known.

Keep it up dude.

9. Holy fuck yes YES THAT'S AWESOME :eek:

10. Trust me on this...unless you get going on taking photos of hot and extremely naked women, you wont get any views on deviant art.

...trust me.

11. I'd say that they're pretty good but not impressive. You need alot of work but you have potential.