Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I have a problem??

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Finne33, Mar 10, 2014.

1. So I started smoking about 2 months ago and at first it was maybe twice a week, but now I am smoking everyday and have been for the past 2 weeks. On school nights I will be up until 2am high and have to wake up at 6am for school. All I really think about now is weed. I am still maintaining good grades and working about 40 hours a week. Is this normal or should I look into it?

2. see if you can stop for a bit prove to urself u can being dependent on something isnt always good

3. In the long run that won't be healthy. Sleep deprivation can cause some really nasty problems such as depression, memory loss, increased blood preassure, increased stress and a lot more, and if you continue to sleep only 4 hours a night your grades will drop for sure. In my opinion you can still smoke weed, but you got to sleep some more ;) .

Peace .

4. Use some moderation.  Keep your grades up, get enough sleep, eat healthy food.  Don't let the plant take over your life.  It's supposed to be your bitch, not the other way around.

5. Everything should be done with some sense of moderation towards it. I mean, you're not gonna eat carrots everyday, all day, if you know that it's going to make your skin turn temporarily orange, are you? 

Try to think to yourself when you're really going to appreciate smoking up, like after you do well on a test or exam, when you get a compliment from somebody, if you have a good day at work, etc. It'll help you figure out times in which you "deserve" to smoke up, thus allowing yourself to appreciate it much like somebody appreciates a treat every now and again. 

6. mad props for maintaining your grades and still show up at work lol. i think most (as far as i know) stoners more or less go through that phase. 
    it gets worse if you are a lazy person.. it became a tool for me to not do anything. 
    now i know how it's like when I abuse something so harmless and wonderful..
    i started smoking 1/8 a day and then i moved on to concentrates to chase the high.. smoking 1+ gram of concentrate a day. it's just not good for you.

it all depends on whether you are a responsible person or not. I'm pretty responsible with weed now but I still think about weed all the time :p nothing wrong with that haha

i still smoke everyday but i take a couple of days every 2 weeks or so and i only start to smoke at night around 10 pm. I'm treating it as beer, something to help me relax. 

i have friends dropping out of school.. i personally stopped going to school at one point. so be responsible! weed is good for you but it's not good for irresponsible users. 

7. Just don't stay up so late all week. Get high and get a good nights sleep on school nights, and stay up late gettin ripped as shit on the weekends. There's plenty of time for getting fucked up on weeknights in college. 

8. To be honest man I feel like I'm having the same problem. It's really starting to cut into my budget. I'm trying to cut back. It doesn't always work but at least I'm trying you know? Just stay determined. Eventually you will figure it out.

9. I mean i'm sure its normal for people with addictive personalities, like me. Admitting you have one is tough for some people but its a disposition i was born with so i embrace it. But at the same time, I'm not smoking during the day and neglecting my responsibilities. As far as smoking late at night, if you are positive sleep deprivation has no effect on you (which some people are able to claim), then there's nothing wrong with it. Personally, i need my 8 hours or else i feel mad at the world the entire next day so days like tonight where im expecting to be up around 7, no weed for me :( 

10. If you told me that as a kid I totally would have.

11. Troll thread.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

12. Thanks everyone for the great advice! I think I am going to start smoking only two weeknights now and just as notanotherstoner said, I think I do have a addictive personality.

13. I have trouble sleeping sometimes too. Try not to smoke past midnight on school nights. Take a day or two off smoking in between every day smoking if you're worried about how often/much you smoke. It'll lower your tolerance and will clear your head.

14. Weed itself is not bad but your habits when using. I'm finding weed to be a problem only because of how much money I'm putting towards it trying to smoke everyday. As great as it is I'm having more cons then pros smoking all the time. It's not addictive but can easily become a habit and you will just be better off keeping it moderated best thing would be weekends only.

15. Working 40hrs, getting good grades. Dont see the problem.

Get a Library card, while your up you might as well do some research.

You can get plenty sleep when your dead.

16. Check yourself into rehab immediately.....

Who's to say whays normal

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app