Do I have a possibly life-threatening arrhythmia?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by E n i g m a, Feb 24, 2010.

1. #1 E n i g m a, Feb 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2010
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/heart-rate/AN01906
    I just smoked a bunch of weed and my resting heart rate is 60 bpm! :eek::eek:
    Edit: I don't think I did that right it was higher than that.
    And it felt like my heart was beating so fast that it was getting out of rhythm and beating all around and doing nothing.
    But I am alive.
    I had to switch in between sitting, standing, and laying down to feel right.

2. Did you even read the contents of that link you posted?

3. No. You're fine. The heartbeat raising properties of weed are dependant on a bunch of other factors.

My resting heart rate is 53 bpm and rarely gets higher than that when I toke

4. .......Wow.

5. Dude just chill your straight!

6. Dude..... I'm so high from those 4 hits I can hear my heart beating in my head

LOL, those were my words after taking 4 hits off a blunt after not smoking for about a year.

7. I think this a tolerance related issue.
    When I smoke a good amount sometimes I feel like I have to watch my breathing, my heart is beating fast - and seemingly out of rhythm, I will feel this sudden surge throughout my body and my vision will fade a little and I'll stand up and it goes away instantly. Maybe my blood pressure is too low..doesn't standing up and sitting down while high change your blood pressure considerably?
    I have not smoked on an almost everyday basis in a over 2 months and now it's like I'll get some weed and smoke on it for a few days and then a week or 2 or 3 later I will get more, it all depends on the cash flow.

8. The first time I toked, my heart started thumping really fast, and I remembered something from 'Talk to Frank'.

It basically said that sometimes people notice their heart going faster, and panic/worry, making it go faster again. If you just relax, you'll be fine.

So I relaxed, and it went down, a little bit, it was still high, but I just forgot about it.

It's one of the few good things to come from that website. It informs people about drugs, was meant to give the truth and educate people,. but it bends + twists + spins the truth

9. Also, standing up from sitting down causes the opposite affect. You get dizzy + lose vision because of standing up.

I think you're just spooking yourself.

Maybe just smoke a little less, so it's pleasant. no point smoking loads every day if you're worrying about it.

10. I was smoking some bottom barrel regs when I posted this and I think the regs I was smoking made for a more paranoid high. Also just a different high, less euphoric, more introspective.