Do I have a male?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Leaflock, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Hi GC!

I believe I have a male plant in my tent, I would like a second(and hopefully third) opinion before I pull it.

I am 11 days into 12/12. The plant is a (fem) Bubba 76 grown in soil under a 250w CFL in Easy2Grow autopots. It has been topped, supercropped, Scrogged and deleafed. Feed schedule below:

08/02/14
    Planted in rockwool
    12/02/14
    Cotyledons 
    Placed 4 inches from 125w blue spec CFL
    15/02/14
    Rhyzotonic 4ml/1L
    19/02/14
    Watered with 1L water and 2ml rhyzotonic 3ml vega
    21/03/14
    250w red CFL
    12/12 lighting, 5ml Rhyzo, 25ml Tera flores, 10ml bloom
    30/03/14
    5ml Rhyzo, 35ml Tera flores, 10ml bloom

Attached images show multiple branches of the plant. 
    IMG_20140401_225540.jpg
    IMG_20140401_225550.jpg
    IMG_20140401_225811.jpg
    IMG_20140401_230642.jpg

Thank you for your time.

2. sure looks like it to me man.. especially that 3rd pic where it's starting to cluster. give it a couple days to be sure, but it really looks like it's on it's way :(

also.. that 2nd pic where you have that wire (or whatever) holding your branch in place.. you should loosen that up a bit, it sems pretty tight already and that plant will grow right into itand get all fucked up. :)

just my .02 man.. its your weed, do what you like :)

3. Thanks for your help AugustWest. I've been tying down with garden wire and loosening once they start to hold their shape, any suggestions on better method for holding in place with scrog?

4. It really does look like it. I'm sorry :(

I don't wanna come out of the rabbit hole.

5. #5 AugustWest, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014

your screen should hold them up by itself.. but if you have to use the wire i'd just go a little looser, or be real diligent in checking it often. definitely don't wanna chock the poor things :)

how deep into the scrog is this plant in the pic? If it's a dude, is it gonna be a bitch to pull?
    had to pull a male out of a scrog once and it really emptied it out a lot.. but was till in veg so i just ran it longer and filled it back in.

hopefully i'm wrong about the male thing (but man it really is leaning that way.. just not trying to be too much of a downer lol).. but of it is you still have some time before it busts nuts, it'll swell a little and start turning pale/yellow.. that's the danger point.

good luck man..

6. I didn't fill up the screen too much, won't be a hassle to pull him out. Just went up to look at the tent again and I'm very much of the opinion that it is a male. A bit gutted as I'm only doing two plants this grow and I was looking forward to trying the Bubba 76.

Suspected male is on the left, I'll probably pull the Bubba tomorrow.
    IMG_20140401_235958.jpg
    IMG_20140402_000006.jpg

7. are you still in veg?

8. Thanks Moonwalker, I'm disappointed to say the least, but when life gives you lemons...

I might give a try at harvesting some of the pollen from a few branches in a secluded room on another floor of the house. Need to see if I still have my DIY CFL setup in the garage.

9. Nope, 11 days into flower.

10. Anyone else have thoughts before I pull the Bubba?