Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do I always need a smoke screen for my pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Titch, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Hey guys.
    I've been tokin' for a good while now, but I've never really smoked a pipe before, so I was wondering whether or not I need a smoke screen.
    I was going to purchase a nice glass pipe for when I come off my break :smoke:

Also, I've seen glass smoke screens which kiiiinda look like bowls for bongs?

Any help is appreciated,
    Titch. :bongin:

2. You don't need one, just use a bigger nug in the hole

3. The screen is ment to protect your bud from falling thru when you go to take a hit. If you're breaking the bud up into little nugs then you shouldn't have a problem without a screen.. if you're smoking shake or grinded up bud, then you may have a problem without a screen - that is, if the holes big. (thats what she said)

4. I'd say just put little chunks in, until its res'd enough for you to throw shake in, and not fall through. Or just put a nug on bottom then shake on the top

5. I Always buy my bowls with small holes so I dont need to buy a screen. I've never had a problem with any of the three bowls I own. But if you get one with a larger hole, you will need a screen.

6. You don't need one. As dude said, put a bigger nug over hole to cover it from weed falling through, though it really shouldn't be a problem unless it's a HUGE hole.
    If worse comes to worse, go out to your driveway and get a pebble to put over the hole but a nice shaped pebble so still allows air holes for air flow, kinda like the bigger nug idea.