Do Humidity Domes And Heat Pads Make A Difference?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mr.StonedSquirrel, Jun 14, 2013.

1. I germinated 3 seeds (paper towel method). After they cracked and the tap root was exposed I planted them 1/4 inch deep in Jiffy Organic Seed Starting Mix. I first planted them yesterday around 4:00. Today I decided to put a plastic Baggie over the tops of two of them. I taped the baggie to the cups and misted it. I also made quit a few holes in the Baggie with a knife. I also put a heat pad under the two with the baggies over them. It isn't a digital one so I have it on the lowest setting. My question is do you think the extra humidity and heat will make them sprout faster? Did I even do the humidity dome thing correctly? This is an experiment that's why I didn't do it to the third. My lights are 4 cfl's 67 actual watts total and I mist them at least once a day. How long until they sprout?

2. Man I've seen seeds germ in 24 just in a sponge and I've seen others take days I really just depends. Seems like the dome would speed things along tho