Do humans have souls?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by thccrystals, Jun 24, 2004.

1. I don't think many of the people that deserve ALL of those things have them. I think that those that have them deserve them and if love ends up in a heartbreak, then it was meant to be that way, either because the person deserved the heartbreak or because they deserved something better than what they had with the heartbreaker. At some point they may achieve all at once but it's a hard thing to do. Good health is something else to add with those. Of course, as I've been stressing, this is all just my opinion and while it may seem at the present that not all people get what they deserve, eventually they will.

2. putting a definition on a soul doesn't mean we have one. discussion on metaphysics and all things supernatural is so pointless to discuss..

3. Unless it happens to bring you particular joy.

4. My soul is what lies beneath my emotions, my feelings, and my education.
    My soul is the part of me that ultimately makes the choices of what my mind /think/.
    My soul is what I rely upon when ignorance crosses my path.

5. there is an error in the above sentence. can you find it?

^__^

6. hmmmmmmmmmm all this thinking is making me wonder what happens when i die..........

7. I think that the soul is just another term for your concience (i thnk thats hwo you spell it) because you sometimes hear "dont you have a soul?" or something like that, and it usually revolves around somwthing bad you did.

8. i think the soul is something you can't describe, can't explain, but more of something you just feel and are aware of. In life you meet those people that you just connect with, for no reason... or maybe because both of your souls are laughing with eachother. In the end of one of those events, you feel closer, and that close feeling will never go away. Take all of those feelings to heart, in the end it will make you a happier person! live in the moment! laughter is the music of the soul!

Karma... It's also called a lot of other things, but basically means, what you bestow on the world, will then come back to you, usually to a higher degree! spread love? you get more! spread hate? you get more! don't believe it?? we'll yer time will come, whatever you chose to give, don't ever think that people forget the kindnesses you show them, or the anger and hate you show them.

Happiness is free! everyone can afford to be a little nicer to somebody!

9. That is so true. Happiness is free, and we can all choose to be nice to someone rather than a jerk. It's not always the easy choice, but it does pay to make that particular choice over being a butt head :D

It is true, people usually don't forget the love/anger you show them.

As for the soul purpose of this thread (haha... get it? heh, I made a funny :))... I believe the soul is the life energy in every person. We all have a life-force... an energy inside of us. Energy doesn't just simply vanish...