Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do Head Shops Require A Medical Card To Purchase Bongs, Pipes, etc...??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by zombiefuhrer, May 2, 2012.

1. My fiance and I are going for a vacation to Portland OR and I was wondering if anyone knows if the head shops around Portland require a MMJ card to purchase smoking devices??

2. No. They are for smoking tobacco anyways right?

3. I highly doubt it, if you can buy them in states that aren't even medical marijuana states then why wouldn't you be able to buy them in one that is? All your buying is a piece of glass, there's nothing illegal about glass.

4. If it is not also a medical marijuana dispensary then they will definetly allow you access.

5. Nope. I live just outside of Portland, I don't know of any head shops here that require a medical marijuana card.

The only time that might be required is if it were maybe a head shop that doubled as a medical marijuana clinic or something, but I don't know of any of those.

I've been to plenty of head shops in and around Portland, and I don't have a med card. You'll be welcome as long as you're 18 or older. :D

6. Thanks everyone! :D:D:D:D:D

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't planning on a souvenir piece for nothing

7. They do not.

8. They do not require a medical card, but I know that the Third Eye Shoppe on SE Hawthorne gives a discount to OMMP card holders. In fact, that's just a good head shop to go to while you're here. Love that place.

Like the other people were saying though, everything in there is for tobacco or herbal use, so as long as you are over 18 then you are good to go.

9. Just to reiterate the point that has been made several times, no they do not. They want you to call them water pipes, though, so as to not relate bongs to weed smoking. They are originally made for tobacco, but I think they know who's buying them for weed. :smoking: