Do great things in life always end??

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Still Smokin, Aug 12, 2006.

1. So I was really baked earlier and had a thought.. do great things in life always end? Have you all gernerally had great things in life that ultimately ended at some point only to find something else great soon after?? Why cant something specific in life just always be great..forever? Without the ups and downs..just always great..

2. I think without the downs you become a bad person. I know quite a few rich kids who've never had a day of hardship in their lives and have it served on a silver platter, and they are truely rotten human beings. Having the downs puts life into prospective and makes you appreciate the important things in life like friends and family.

3. True that.

4. It's all about balance. You can't have a high if you don't have a low, you can't have ugly without beauty. If we only had one thing, things would be pretty boring. We would grow jaded just by getting so used to whatever it is. Because of that, I wonder sometimes if this world is as close to perfection as we're ever gonna get.

5. Music ?!

6. weed is always here

7. well if you were always up eventually it wouldn't seem like much of an up at all anymore, and in time could just as easily be interpreted as a down.

right now in my life im at a hella downpoint, but i try to stick to the thought that theres nowhere to go but up...

8. The only thing that makes something truely great is the fact that it isn't here forever.

9. haha so is lung cancer.

10. Absolutley.

I'm defined by the tradegies and shortcommings in my life just as much as i am defined by the positive.

Learn to cherish the good and the bad. Embrace it as a whole.

11. you are also defined by your horrible spelling.

hahaha just kidding, love ya rasta.

12. Haha I REALLY did butcher than one, huh? :p

13. everything whether good or bad comes to an end.if there is a beginning there is most likely an end. start to finish , high to low, and so on.

death ultimately is the cease of everything good and bad

14. everything in life must end, including itself. i think thats a constant high, if you take the time every day to stop and apressiate just a single breath, you'll find the happiness scattered thoughout the journey.

15. i agree ^^

16. There is always going to be Suffering because:

You're going to lose it!

It's Always In Time!

Anything that is in time is going to pass away.

"Lay not upon your treasures where moth and rust doth corrupt"

That's the Trap of Time... As long as you want anything in TIME, It's going to pass because

T I M E :confused::eek::mad::(:eek::):DP A S S E S

Be Here Now page 35

17. i think about things like that all the time..why do great things come to an end, but eventually something better comes around...its all about waiting to see whats ahead I guess...thats why I stay high while I'm waiting:wave:

18. Hang in there man I know from experiance.Things might even get a little more shitty beforethey get better but if you hang in there and focus on getting shit together theres always nowhere to go but up

19. Time is an illusion