Do Fan Leaves Contain Cbd - Cbn?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phukyoo, Jun 11, 2014.

1. I was planning on making a cannabis paste, to help my moms arthritis, and I was wondering if the fan leaves contain cbd or/and cbn? Now i'm not talking about "trim", I'm talking about the large fan leaves that normally would be garbage and the stems. I would much rather use my frosty trim for hash, and use the leftovers for the paste if I can, but I'll probably make her a trim batch too. Also If it does contain CBD/CBN when does it start producing it? Can I use the fresh leaves I trim away before harvest?

2. No leaf is garbage to me some levels of THCA and CBDA is in the leaves. When baked at 225 for so long will convert the THCA to THC as well as the CBDA to CBD heat changes the structure. Just like being up in smoke. If I could find the details I will post.
    This is what I do prior to making canabutter for my granny who needs it for seizures she's 85

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #3 phukyoo, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Ya the paste is not an edible (even though you could eat it) but more of a cream you rub on your skin. I'm making a cream right now for her containing cocunut oil, trim, and beeswax. If you heat the coconut trim oil up to 200F it will activate the THC making it psychoactive through skin, but for her I cooked it at 150F for 12 hours, as to not decarboxylate it.

4. As far as I'm aware only the resin glands hold psychoactive substances. But I have never put this to the test. I had no idea you could get anything from rubbing in to the skin

5. Have you looked into juicing the leaves? My brother requests my fan leaves just for that. From what I've read, fan leaves do contain CBD/CBN.

The dispensary near me sells infused topical creams, I've used it on my knee for anti-inflammatory/pain relief and it actually worked fairly well by itself, cannabis really is an amazing plant. Though I'm not sure how much fan leaves are used to make them, if any.

6. [quote name="phukyoo" post="20158032" timestamp="1402640534"]Ya the paste is not an edible (even though you could eat it) but more of a cream you rub on your skin. I'm making a cream right now for her containing cocunut oil, trim, and beeswax. If you heat the coconut trim oil up to 200F it will activate the THC making it psychoactive through skin, but for her I cooked it at 150F for 12 hours, as to not decarboxylate it.[/quote
    Let us know how you do. I'm very interested in it. It would be nice to make for our grandmother right now I just make canabutter from bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 phukyoo, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014

ya ill make a little how to when finished and post the link here.

8. #8 phukyoo, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    Here's the link on how I made the cream. http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing-medical-marijuana/1311572-phukyoos-phuckin-cannacream.html