Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do eye drops work with contacts?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by jenquee, Jan 10, 2008.

1. i wear contacts and when i blaze my eyes get super red cause the contacts dry them out even more.

do rhoto eye drops work with contacts? havnt had the chance to try it cause i dont want to risk getting caught

thx

2. yes, and all of them work not just rhoto

3. in the past i have used my rhoto's with my contacts. But i have stopped since it has milked up contacts in a way. Eyes were burning etc. Weird because i used to do it all the time. Ne ways, the label says to take out contacts, put in eye drops, wait atleast 15 min and put them back in.

Thats my .02

4. I had this problem for a while.

You CAN always blame your red eyes on contact irritation / allergy / sickness.

But.

They do make eye drops for people with contacts. Just check out the selection at pharmacies or supermarkets.

Also -- consider wearing glasses. If you get the right frames, they're so much easier and less irritative. Also ... try changing the contacts from monthlies to dailies or vicaversa.

5. visine works just fine with contacts...i always put them in after i toke just because it makes my eyes feel better.....

6. i'm ALWAYS wearing my contacts - sposed to take them out every night, i take em out about once every two or three weeks

all eye drops that relieve "redness" have always worked for me

put a few drops in each eye - then close your eye lids and move your eye all over the place, it will spread the drops all over your eye - not just the spot you dropped them on

7. i wear contacts too but i take them out and put the drops in, then i put in contact lens drops or my lens solution then wait 5 min before putting them back in. redness drops, especially rhoto, can cause a slow burning of some part of the eye over time with contact lens in when used. im not 100% on this but im assuming putting any chemicals in your eye in general isnt good so im gonna stick with my method just to be safe. over time you'll get a tolerance to red eyes. i dont have the problem unless i smoke different strains in one session

8. Contacts absorb any type of liquid, including eye drops. So with Rhoto, you are to take your contacts out because your contact with absorb the drops and not allow the drops to spread over your eyes. Rhoto will also "cloud" contacts after constant use.

9. I use visine all the time when I have my contacts on, it works and it makes my eyes fell really good and refreshed. I say its fine.

10. rhoto is overrated. (due to sleak design)

11. coo, sounds good thanks.

yea, it was the only kind i could steal outta my drug store =D
    (talkin bout the rhotos)

12. ...dude, Visene's like $3 a bottle.

13. Rhoto's burn the fuck outta my eyes when I'm wearing contacts. Visine advanced redness is all I use, I put them in before smoking and my eyes never get red.

14. Dude, take it from me - take those contacts out before bed! I've had a few family members who have developed infections and have damaged the covering of their eyes from doing that. It obviously heals or goes away after time, but it's bad. I have slightly elevated pressure in my eyes - similar to what happens in glaucoma, but it's only above the normal range, nothing bad or symptomatic. All the eye doctors I've gone to, after testing it, have told me that it's nothing bad but BE SURE TO TAKE MY CONTACTS OUT because it can contribute to all kinds of problems, pressure included. Plus, contacts need cleaning too - they're a spongy polymer that absorbs fluids. They need an occasional rinsing. Not trying to diss, but just letting you know that I know for a fact it can be bad for your eyes.

--------------------

Also, many eye drops advise you not to put them in with contacts in. Just read the label, and if it doesn't say that, you're probably fine. Just remember that eye drops aren't just "fake tears" - they're eye medicine, and letting your contacts absorb too much of it can't be too good.

15. yea your absolutely right (i work for an eye doctor, and wear contacts). I myself never take my contacts out, so i guess im a hippocrit. I take my contacts out like once a month or so, only because im a lazy fuck. I've been fine for the most part, and got an infection once (that was never diagnosed as being from my contacts, but im sure it was). The infection was real bad, my eye was so blurry and red and irritated, and it hurt to be outside in daylight. It lasted a couple days then i was fine. There are serious risks though with leaving lenses in... protein buildup is pretty gross too.

As far as visine with contacts... technically you shouldn't do it, but i've never, ever, ever had issues with it, and i use em daily. I wouldnt worry much about doing it, and if your eyes ever start to bother you, just take your contacts out, clean em and soak em, and take a shower/wash eyes out.

16. Yea dude, be sure to take out your contacts every night. No one has worn contacts for 50 years yet, no one really knows the long time use of contacts can lead to. Its kinda scary but I keep wearing them haha. And you should use eye drops for contacts if you can, my doctor told me that.

17. i must be really lucky because ive worn contacts since 9th grade (im a freshman in college now) and ive been smoking and using visine and rhoto regularly and i seriously NEVER take out my contacts. Once there in there good for like 3 months and i dont take them out once. Only if i rub them out or something like that and i just put them right back in. Everyone says its gonna fuck up my eyes but it hasnt happened yet so its whatever. And the contacts i have in now i havent taken out in probably 4 months now haha im so lazy.

18. I remember back in like 8th grade, I wore my contacts without taking them out for several months straight. Like 5 months?:rolleyes: Anyways, I got pink eye, which went away after a while. But because I never took my contacts out, I suffered a deep eye infection and risked going blind in one eye. I took a 2 year break wearing glasses and now I switch off between contacts and glasses, but I always take my contacts out.

Moral of the story: careful with not taking out the contacts, trust me. I used to not give a shit either but it's real bad if you don't. Careful out there.

19. [quote name='"jenquee"']i wear contacts and when i blaze my eyes get super red cause the contacts dry them out even more.

do rhoto eye drops work with contacts? havnt had the chance to try it cause i dont want to risk getting caught

thx[/quote]

Whenever I wear my contacts my eyes won't get red when I smoke, but if I don't my eyes will be bloodshot. Weird