Do Energy-Saving Cfl Bulbs Work?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Newbez, May 29, 2013.

1. #1 Newbez, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. CFLs work very well, however don't concern yourself with "equivalent watts", this is comparing the light output to incandescent lamps. these are not suitable for plants. to get nice healthy growth you want at the very least 60 watts per square foot of canopy, but 100watts per square foot is a good target to aim for. the more light the better with CFLs. getting an ounce per 100watts is pretty easy to do. with good training and relatively long veg time you can double that figure

3. #3 GoldGrower, May 29, 2013
    those you have linked are pretty expensive. you can usually get 20-25watt CFLs for around £1-2 each

or you could buy a 250watt CFL for the same price as that pack of 30s

4. this is ... 6400K (Ultra Bright Daylight) or what we called cool white in my day, good for horizontal growth

5. #5 InkSlinger666, May 29, 2013
    This is my first cfl grow...sati at 9 weeks... 7 100 watt equivalent plus side light.what do y'all think..had some pH issues ..under control..and there is a nug missing on the cola on purpose. But anyways look good 2 y'all???

Sent from my SGH-I577 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

What are the tubes ? They look kinda like any old tube to me not a specific grow bulb. Look kinda like the florries you'd find in a shop etc. If this is the case then I dont think you would be worth generating the extra heat. also i dont think those lights unless there in the specific range produce a useful spectrum. All that said I would be happy with that kinda bud :p)

7. Red spectrum cfl...and they have decided to do their last push now 9 weeks in and doubled.size is misleading as the smallest bud on the whole plant is the size of a bic lighter..I am pleased with what will be the results...peace..

8. #8 InkSlinger666, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    And the long tubes are for adding daylight blue..I have a 300 CFM exhaust so heat isn't an issue..78 all day..65 all night..

9. #9 InkSlinger666, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    10 percent amber...chop chop...

10. Just the top...

Attached Files:

11. mmm post me some ;p)

12. Not bad for $20 worth of lights..

13. hell ya bro !

14. #14 GoldGrower, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    why would you be happy if you think it's all so wrong? it's not wrong at all by the way

this is pretty dumb as far as statements go, why not ask some questions if you don't understand?

15. #15 InkSlinger666, Jun 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
    I don't know but for a hobbyist who just got 3 ozs of 2 3 ft Indis those lights don't feel so wrong...why do you say that gold??? Curious..

16. Or did you mean I'm good...? If so my bad...

17. WOW thats more than a bit hostile !! If you read it properly I was suggesting/asking about the tubes and I said (i will put it in law terms for you) that I would be happy with the bud that was produced which is either partly due to those tubes or not !! Either way the bud is acceptable and looks reasonable for such a small setup light wise. 
    Thanks.

18. The final chop..looks more than alright for a cfl grow..

Attached Files: