Do edibles get you higher than smoking?

Discussion in 'General' started by themeatsandcheeses, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Idk how much weed is in them but my friends cousin just made a batch and I bought a couple brownies. He told me their so so strong he only eats half of half of a brownie at a time.

I've had edibles a few times before but underestimated how (not) strong they were and only ate half of it. So I've only gotten a small buzz of them. In what ways does the high differ if any?

2. Soo much higher dude. I'd rather eat buds than smoke it any day. It's almost psychadelic experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's a different type of high for sure

4. If made with enough cannabis they are much stronger than smoking. If whoever makes them is trying to skimp on the weed, hash, or whatever they use to make the edibles then they wont be strong at all.

5. Depends, some edebiles are weak, while others can be strong. If your friend recommends eating a 1/4 of the brownie, then you eat a 1/4 of the Brownie. If you don't feel anything after 2 hours, then eat some more. But wait 2 hours!!! People don't feel things 30 minutes after and they end up eating the whole brownie, and then they start throwing up because they were impatient.

6. yea its a different high. and if i'm not mistaken its because eating it produces a different high with 11-hydroxytetrahydracannabinol, rather than your normal tretrahydracannabinol (THC) high

7. Only way you will find out for yourself is if you try it for yourself, it affects everyone differently, dont be scared, there's no risk, noone has ever been harmed :D just make sure you're not doing anything important that day ;))

If you think money doesn't fall from trees, then you've never sold weed!

8. WTF, I've never even heard about it, nor did I know it was different.

I thought you got more of a body high because the THC was absorbed through the intestines.

9. pretty sure thats what it is. hoping granny or someone will come back me up lol

sure is...

last time i ate anything i was fucked up for a good while longer than tokin'

( it was a quarter of weed)

11. According to Joe Rogan, the THC is converted to THCA when you eat it. But he also said that amy winehouse died because from alcohol withdrawals lol.