1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Do digital thermometers read higher if in direct light?

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by wEEDhEAD1, Nov 14, 2017.

1. ok so I have two desperate gigital hygromiters I just hang above my canopy. They read a constant 30c. The other day my fan went off for half hour and they read 40c. But I felt it was no where near that hot so I hung a cheap basic thermometer inside. All next to each other the digitals read 30 while the basic reads 26.

image.jpeg

2. I noticed the same in my room. i think it can. And if you raise or lower your light it should change, if the theory is correct. My bulbs are cool tubes and i can touch them no problem, even when 30 degree cold air is being pumped threw the tubes it still says 80-90 at my thermometer, i have had absolutely no problems out of mine though. Aslong as no signs of heat burn or anything. I wouldnt worry

3. Yes hide thermometer s from direct light i have two that have probes that i stick to the ceiling for that purpose. I take temp readings from the top of the tent the floor is up to 6° cooler

Grasscity Deals Near You