Do different strains give noticeably different highs?

Discussion in 'General' started by DiscreetStonerr, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I was wondering if different strains of weed actually give noticeably different highs? I've never really smoked different strains, I get weed from a buddy who gets it from a dispensary and he gets the same strain every time (blue dream) so I've never really experienced any other strain.
    I mean wouldn't a weed high be a weed high ? What would be so different ?

2. Different growing conditions, lighting, oxygen level...Altitude, air quality, near a body of water, not near a body of water.

A lot of things can make it different.:cool:

3. i would have to say the differences are very minimal though.

4. agreed doctor

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lge2_H_8IQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lge2_H_8IQ[/ame]

5. I dunno I've had highs that are completely different from each other. Most are similar and all share similarities but some of them leave you energized while others leave you with couch lock, closed eye visualizations are intense with some and not others.

6. This was the sort of answer I was looking for. So for some highs you get closed eye visuals ? Hmmm that's interesting. can you actually "trip"
    On marijuana ?

7. #7 MoonBeams, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    this should help

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/content/resources/cannabis-indica-vs-sativa

the only time ive ever "tripped" off weed is from dabs. Which you are a long way from my young padawan

and by tripped I mean just saw a little color swirls or fractals

8. My dealer used to say everything he sold me was epic. I never felt like anything he sold me was as epic as he thought it was.

Probably just talking shit up.

9. there is a big difference for me for example if im smoking morrocan hash which is sativa i get a more heady buzz but when im smoking indica weed i get a much more body oriented high, with less thoughts flying trough my head

10. this made me think that we got it easy here in denmark

not many people have some local dealer, as there are dealers in like every city area in copenhagen with their own spot, they got a constant flow of customers

and if you want a bigger choice you can go to christiania, where its kind of like a flea market with tables of endless bags of labeled weed and various hashish, like black, morrocan, etc

is there a place like christiania in the US?

11. Man I really wish I lived in a medical marijuana state. If anything so I can control whether I smoke sativa or indica

12. ummmmmmm no hahahahahaha
    I wish though, that place sounds like heaven to me!

13. Not where I am.

Sounds like heaven, you go Denmark dude.

14. thanks and ahh too bad, i suppose you got strict laws in the US

the police have basically given up on trying to close down christiania as they failed for liked 30-40 years now, there is still being sold for millions upon millions every year, thats why denmark is considering legalization

[​IMG]

this is just one booth out of maybe 20

15. Enjoy your life Fakir, it is epic.

16. Fakir, you dont know how good you got it compared to being in the states!

17. thanks for the kind comments, i hope the US will legalize soon!

peace

18. this is basically what dispensary's are but there kinda set up like a really nice convenient store