Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do different kinds of marijuana yield considerably varying highs?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Narkery1, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Excuse my noobiness, I just got high for the first time yesterday, and just felt numb, giggly and paranoid. I just got done reading Carl Sagan's essay on marijuana, telling of the amazing visual effects he achieved by marijuana, and also his intellectual breakthroughs and heightened appreciation for art. And I want a high like that, and he saw movies in his head on his first time, I got nothing like that. Was it the weed he smoked or is it just different for everyone? I'm under the impression that the first few times vary quite a bit, but will it eventually smooth out to a normal high? Will the paranoia eventually go away or do some people always get freaked out on it?

Maybe you wanna share your first time high and your current 'normal' high? And does everyone eventually experience the great visual, intellectual and appreciative high Carl Sagan got?

2. it effects everyone differently really. ya got the kid who wont stop laughing till his face turns purple, got the kid who gets so paranoid he literally shits himself when he hears a cop siren from a few blocks away. got the guy who just doesnt give a fuck anymore. the horny fuck. lazy fuck. iritable fuck. laid back fuck.

3. So there's possibility I could be the fuck that never gets over the paranoia associated with marijuana and it will never be enjoyable to me?

4. Well 100% sativa usually gives you a more funny head not body high, while 100% indica gives you a body couch locked high. There is no telling what kind of bud you have based on visual appearance and there is mixes of the two like 60% indica and 40% sativa. There only real way to find out what you have is to try it or ask the dealer if they know. Personally to me it sounds like you had some sativa or just got a very mild indica high.

5. Oh yes. So many factors come into play here. Sativa to Indica ratio, THC levels, genetics, cannibinoids, etc.

There are so many different types of high's out there. You've got to go chase them yourself. :)

6. na after youve been smoking for a while you get over all that shit, speaking of..... dude. you need to enjoy being high for your first 20 times. cause it WILL loose its magic.

7. This, they are all "high" but it can always feel slightly different (depending on strain, etc.)

When you are about to get high, make sure you are in a good mind set. If you are thinking "holy shit I hope I don't get paranoid", chances are you will be paranoid again.

Just be in a chill environment you enjoy, where you forget about all that and just smoke.

Weed is greatly controlled by your mindset

8. just make sure you have somewhere to chill for a while man i know that feeling when your new and you get so fucking baked you feel like your in a video game and you have to walk home. you feel like you have a huge sign above your head that says "im high"

9. Is this true? It'll lose it's magic after just 20 times?

10. youll still get high and have a fun time doing it for years to come but time after time you'll know what to expect. youll know the whole deal. you wont get that fucking retardedly phychedelic high.

11. Well generally speaking the first few times getting high everyone thinks it's really intense and get paranoid because.. shit, this is all new to you. It's this completely different feeling that's taken over your body. And it's hard to chill out and relax if that's what you're concentrating on. But after a few times doing it you get more comfortable with it and learn to coast it. In turn, your tolerance builds and you will be able to handle higher concentrated forms of THC. Or just better bud. Whatever you're into.:p

12. yes.... the first times with marijuana were the best. for a lot of people, it was their first "high" from a drug so its very new and exciting, over time and long term use, the spark just isnt their and the high sorta feels burnt out, but its still enjoyable. a tolerance break will fix that aswell. but the point is that the first few times of anything are usually the best, because remember too much of anything gets old.

13. thats the thing half of the people dont even enjoy it cause theyre too far from reality lol they get scared and shit.

14. it will not lose its magic. Its not like escasty.

All you need is a nice 1-2 week tolerance break and good dank bud. And smoke about half a gram of it. You will feel very very high.

If you want something that doesnt lose its magic, try LSD or mushrooms a few times a year. That shit will be magic every single time your entire life.

15. There are several different types of weed which give you different highs. First there is the lowest type of weed called schwag. This weed is stale, sometimes brown, filled with seeds and stems and just an all around gross weed. It ussually takes alot of schwag to reach a high and some people get headaches smoking schwag.

Next is mids (regs). Mids are the middle high its not going to be the best weed you ever smoke but it gets the jobs done. A big step up from schwag but still not nearly as potent as heads.

Heads are the best kind of weed you can get and there are several different types of heads. These different types are called "strains". It is basically weed that is given a name so every time you see weed with that strain name you know generally how it will affect you, how it smells, it's potency etc.

For example say I have White Widow. White Widow is a popular strain of marijuana that is 60% sativa and 40% indica. Sativa dominent marijuana produces a "head high" meaning you may feel mildly light headed and your head just feels very.. "up". Sativa high generally make you more energetic and creative and ussualy have a million thoughts shooting through your head at the same time. Then there is Indica. Indica dominent marijuana gives you a body high. Body highs have you feelings tingly sometimes your arms and legs can feel numb (like what you described) and you will generally feel pretty sleepy and lathargic smoking indica.

What you smoked could have been heads but the way you described your high you seems a bit disapointed based on what other people have described their highs like. So more than likley you smoked some indica dominent mids.

As you learn more about marijuana you will discover there are several things that can affect your high such as the thc percentage your bud has, the about of CBN etc. Eventually you will have a breakthrough high after smoking some really good stuff then you will be able to tell a midies high from a headies high and you will just realize that it wasn't that your first high wasn't as good as your others, you just weren't used to the experience and had trouble determining if this was a "good" high or not.

Good luck to you in the future with all your smoking endeavors! My number one advice to you is go out and SMOKE SOME MORE POT! :smoke:

16. exactly

17. VERY informative, thank you! I like this kind of community, and just a couple months ago I was appalled by anything of the sort. I'm looking forward to trying all kinds of weed!