Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do different colours of weed ash determine the quality of the weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Roflmazturr, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, tomatoes, potatoes, I'm blazedos, potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, potatoes

2. I am actually in the middle of an experiment bc i was wondering the same thing. I will have pics and proof in about 3 months. I'll keep you posted .

3. I've got white ash strains that will blow you off your ass, and dark ash strains that will blow you off of your ass. Ash color don't mean shit.

4. Had to revive this topic specifically cause this explains everything that's just going on in here. 

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

6. You can get actual gold rolling papers. They ash gold

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. #67 As Above So Below, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
    I believe kissapie is half way correct. Like you said I believe there are multiple variables involved but I've read that it's because they either flush properly or they don't.

If you have dank that doesn't burn to white ash then I wouldn't really call it dank.

When I load a small snap from my bong, all my dank is instantly white ash. 

I've tried torching low/mids and it's like a shitty dark crusty black. And of course people who grow low/mids obviously don't flush/grow very well...

So IMO, flushing is the reason.

EDIT: And of course any substance being burned for long enough will produce ash. But what I'm saying is with dank it turns to white ash almost instantly. Yeah of course low/mids will also burn pure white, but only after torching it 1000 fuckin times. With dank it's instant.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sounds neat, but being that cannabanoids ARE chemicals. This whole "chemicals are bad" argument is a little ridiculous. 

Sounds neat, but being that cannabanoids ARE chemicals. This whole "chemicals are bad" argument is a little ridiculous. 

9. i wanna get in on this....maybe just maybe its neither maybe its the weed density its self. A grinded weed it will burn to white ash almost everytime a its broken down by hand with dense piecea it will burn dark but eventually white. Thats my theory.

10. White Ash means it was flushed properly, don't think it has anything to do with potency though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not true Tribal man. I am a dirt grower using ONLY organics. The ash on my pot burns white. Very white. The color of ash determines how well the plant was rinsed and cured.

12. I agree, if the ash isn't white, somethings amiss. I had some crap that someone grew, that apparently hadn't been flushed. Even though it was bone dry, it wouldn't burn.. I ruined a good torch lighter trying to smoke that crap as I had nothing else at the time - the ash was black and crusty.

• Like Like x 1

13. That is what most are talking about when taken care of during growing like for medical use it will burn correctly if not and something went wrong the plant kept to many nutrients it will not burn right

14. /end thread

15. Pot smokers don't normally become biologists or physicists which is why we seem to never be able to properly answer these questions.

16. Generally the rule of thumb is if the ash is white and more "clean" then the plant has been flushed enough and if the ash is more black the nutrients weren't flushed out enough and the smoke will be harsher. Not sure how true it is but that seems to be the common consensus.

17. Yeah I really wish I knew if this was an exact science because I've had some bud before that certainly didn't burn to the whitest or grayish ash but was really really premium bud and potent and just really really resinous so I had always thought maybe that was it. Then I've had some so so bud that burnt to such a nice white clean ash and was so smooth and potent not really sure if this has anything to do it all with proper flushing, I would assume it does as it makes sense but once again I question some of the strains I get from time to time again that don't burn perfectly gray or white but still seem to be really well grown, cared for and potent.

Sent from my VS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. We use the term NPK as main feed for plants, in a human body we use carbs protein fat in the same order as the effect nitrogen phosphorus potassium have on plants
    Energy - building - hormonal/balance,

Nitrogen, burns black
    Phosphorus , burns white
    Potassium, burns white

All plants after a proper medium flush will contains these elements however some strains supply heavier on there nitrogen stores throughout the growing season making them low towards the end some hold onto it, you can usually see by the colour of plants but fed nitrogen is also backed off during flowering,
    Just like carbs are when your training up, The "1-3-2 method works on the body and plants well at least with me anyway :,)

Hashy.

white ask will generally show your smoke is fairly clean, some impurities can burn white
    But black ash can be just as clear from impurities depending on the elemental structure of the plant,
    There is a higher amount of things likely to burn black considered bad, nitrogen is not one of them
    But potassium can burn a yellowish tinge,
    Phosphorus will also burn and create a hard ash and is usually what causes sparking and popping,,

So basically..
    Grow your own, flush your own
    Or find a better guy,

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. The color can determine weather it was flushed proporly or not. But that is not the deciding factor. It all depends on how well it was grown and cured. If the grower does it right, then it smells heavenly and tastes like the fruit of the gods. And the high is perfect.

20. Winner winner winner!