do concentrates like wax, oil, shatter, have both CBD and THC?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by 015, Feb 27, 2016.

1. #1 015, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2016
    do concentrates like wax, oil, shatter, have both CBD and THC?
    question number 2

is it possible for a weed strain to be pure CBD or pure THC?

2. Almost all cannabis will have at least a little of each but depending on the strain will decide the percentages.

And there is no pure single cannabinoid strain. But you can extract pure thc or pure cbd with certain extraction methods.

3. One way of extracting Thc is getting yourself a three chamber grinder. When you grind your flower, kief crystals will fall through the mesh screen and accumulate in the bottom compartment. There's your pure Thc. As stated above , there's no pure single cannabinol strain. But this is one way of extracting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Kief is not pure thc or even close. Kief still contains the full range of cannabinoids and is only about 30-45% thc. Kief still contains a large amount of plant matter.

One of the ways to seperate and extract certain cannabinoids would be through a rotovap.

5. Thank you for correcting that. Kief gets me pretty stoned so I know there's s certain percentage of Thc in there fucking me up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 MedicalMonster, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2016
    Uh... Well Look. If you have ever looked at a seedbank. You know the list the levels of thc and cbd.

I grow CBD critical mass. Its 1:1 thc:cbd @ 7%

Reg smoke. What stoners (I included smoke, contain no real cbd. Normally bellow 1%. With thc in the 20's.)

That is the difference.

So. I concentrate without losing canniboids. So Yes, you have both. The CBD strain being VERY high in CBD, and like nothing when it comes to regular smoke compared to a cbd strain. Apples and oranges.

7. I've been seeing THC and CBD isolates lately, that only have one or the other. But considering the way they work, they are better together. CBD counterracts the THC, which by itself is basically anxiety/paranoia inducing. For the most part though, when you buy a concentrate it will have both.