Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do concentrates expire?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fessler23, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Mainly referring to hash/hash oil, I'm wondering if it is a good idea to stock up if the price is right lol, very hard to find concentrates here at all...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. How long are you planning on sitting on the oil? 1-3 months? Just store what you are not using in a ziplock in the refrigerator and it will stay fresh for at leAst 1-3 months(personal longest I have seen stuff sit)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I'm talking about picking up an ounce and making that last me a few months lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. If its bud then just vaccuum seal the bag(close the zip part all the way except for one part and suck the rest of the air out lmao) and stick it in your freezer. I think it lasts up to a year? Just try not to dig through the bag often if you can, frozen bud drops off the thc crystals/kief easier(which is why some people freeze bud before edibles)
    But I would assume its the same for concentrates? Seal em nicely so no water gets into them and put them in a dark spot in the freezer

5. Everything expires. 

6. Except honey 

7. and twinkies

• Like Like x 1
  8. And McDonalds burgers.. and salt .. and tons of other things ..Forked Up2 is way off with his statement

• Like Like x 2
  9. yes and some things get better with age like wine and aged cheeses

• Like Like x 1
  10. You sir deserve this awesome pic for that awesome post

[​IMG]
    :ey:

• Like Like x 3
  11. fancy cheese tastes like cow shit

12. assuming your frame of reference is experience, why don't you tell us the story of how you ate cow shit ? :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well its not the cow shit .. so much as what is in the cow shit :p ;)

14. cow shit kinda tastes like human shit but it's got more of a hamburger flavor to it

15. ah yes calf shit must have a lot of dairy but cow shit must have a lot of grass... hmm according to my calculations this means there is in fact correlation between age of cow and cheesy taste of shit..

no comment lmao

16. Seeing as concentrates are mostly composed of psychoactives themselves, for it to go "bad" most of the substance would have to disappear

• Like Like x 1
  17. Just break off a couple days worth of dabs at a time and put it in a slick ball. Leave the rest in parchment paper in a ziplock in the refrigerator

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks everyone :)

19. Slick containers are nice for that